Anyone tried Fatigued to Fantastic Revitalizing Sleep Formula?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Jun 10, 2006.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

The formula was designed with Jacob Teitelbaum. The contents are:

Valerian root extract
    Passionflower Leaf and Flower Extract
    L-Theanine
    Hops Flower Extract
    Wild Lettuce Leaf Extract
    Jamaica Dogwood Root Extract
    Wild Lettuce Leaf

They come in "ultracaps" which just look like gelatin capsules to me. I bought them at the health food store.

I plan to take one tonight. I've been taking Ambien for years, but would like to stop. No weird side effects, just want to try something more natural. I tried 5-HTP and it didn't help. Just gave me a bad headache.

Has anyone had any experience with the Revitalizing Sleep Formula? I'd like to hear the good, the bad and the ugly stories. Thanks!
  2. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I felt more jittery, more restless legs, started for a couple of days, quit, started again, same thing.

Good luck!
  3. forfink

forfink New Member

Just went to an information seminar by Dr. Teitelbaum in Dallas this past Wednesday evening. Very enlightening and enthusiastic presentation.

I bought the energy formula powder, sleep formula, and the acidopholus Pearls. Thought I would give the vitamin regime a chance since heavens, tried everything else. Only been on the vitamins and sleep supplements a few days, but so far so good.

Dr. Teilelbaum recommends that we take the extra vitamins along with our regular meds. That way if you feel the sleep formula is enough at some point you can go off your prescription. I liked that advice, he doesn't want any of us to suffer needlessly. Made me feel better about myself.

I take, Lunesta, Ultram, and valium, as needed. So we shall see if I can eventually cut back on all prescriptions....
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

but we are all different in how we respond to things, including supplements...

it might work for you.

best,
    Victoria

5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I take a formula from FFC that has the valerian root extract, Passion flower, L-Theonine, plus a few other things including Melatonin. It's called rest and restore and it works pretty good for me.
  6. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Thanks for your responses. You guys are always so helpful.

dncnfngrs - No, I hadn't researched the valerian and the liver problems. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I checked on Drug Digest for valerian and it had some very good info, including the liver issues. They sound pretty rare, but it's good to know about.

It also talked about various drug interactions. Always good to know, too.

Drug Digest said valerian increases the neurotransmitter GABA, which I think many of us need. (I love the Drug Digest site!)

mollystwin - The FFC Rest & Restore sounds very similar to the RSF, except for the melatonin. Interesting. Thanks for posting the ingredients.

hayleycole - It's good to know that taking 3 seems to help some. Benadryl really knocks me out and I don't recover until sometime the next afternoon. So that one's out for me. Thanks for the info on the vitacost price. That's a good price!

I did sleep a bit better last night. I still woke up at 2 & 4 am, but I got right back to sleep. I did sleep in later this morning, too. Didn't get out of bed until 8:30am!! That's sleeping in for me. And it was a good sleep.

I think tonight I will break my Ambien in half (I take 5 mg now). That will give me a 2.5 mg dose. If I can gradually get rid of the Ambien and up the Revitalizing Sleep Formula (RSF), I think that would be a good thing.

Thanks again for all your replies!
  7. forfink

forfink New Member

Glad you slept better. It's always good to hear GOOD news! Best of luck to you on a good nights sleep.
  8. PGWS

PGWS New Member

About these treatments, I have found him to be a great Marketer of his products.

[ advertisement ]