Anyone tried Fluvoxamine (Luvox)?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Andrew111, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

Has anyone tried Fluvoxamine (Luvox)?

Here's why I ask. According to an article at, Japanese researchers "used the SSRI fluvoxamine maleate to treat 39 patients with CFS, 11 of them withdrew from the treatment within two weeks because of side effects from the medication. The remaining 28 patients were given the SSRI for more than two months. Two of these patients were cured of CFS after the treatment, and eight of them recovered enough to return to work."

2. debshomeed

debshomeed New Member

But this was prior to CFS, 6 years ago. It was for anxiety. Perhaps it did help me get over a hump in my life but did nothing for "fatigue". Luvox certainly did not help me prevent getting CFS a couple of years later. I have heard of other antidepressants supposedly "curing" CFS but I have to wonder what the mechanism behind this is and the diagnostic criteria used for these people.

3. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

Hi Snez.

Thanks for the feedback. Did you have any negative side effects? The reason I ask is my doctor gave me some samples.

BTW, a doctor told me if an SSRI works with CFS, it doesn't mean the illness is all in the head. It only means that part of the problem could be neurotransmitters.