Anyone tried glandulars?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Wolverine, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Has anyone tired adrenal or other glandulars? apparently they can help to rebuild the endocrine system. Ive just ordered american biologics multi-gladular formula to try get the HPA and HPG axis going again. i have a certain degree of autonomic dysfunction too.

Chris
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I have tried Thymus and Liver glandulars a long while ago, with no results.
    Please keep us posted on the results you are getting.
    I am afraid to try adrenals because they may raise my already high blood pressure, but am very interested in whether they will help or not.
    Good luck with it.
    Klutzo

BTW, I think we ALL have autonomic dysfunction...that's our main problem. The question is, what's causing it?
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

About 8 years ago I was getting the 'flu' every 4 weeks for a week for about a year (just before descending into CFS!).

I used Thymulus by Enzymatic Therapy - it helped tremendously. I immediately felt better after only 2-3 days of taking it, and no more monthly "flu" or whatever it was.

Altho it didn't prevent the CFS, at least it helped me with my immune system to some degree. I always add it still if someone in my family is sick or I feel I'm about to get sick -- still makes a difference!

Actually, thinking about this as I write, it might be worth it to take a higher dose again for a while to see what results I might get at this point.

(What was recommended to me by a naturopath was 2 pills 3xday for acute problems. Well, I feel acutely fatigued... Altho it's not very 'cute'!

Victoria