Anyone tried Guaifenesin Protocol?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mary100, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Mary100

Mary100 New Member

Hello again,

My PCP gave me some info about the guaifenesin protocol. Has anyone tried that or know if it works or not? It sound great if it will actually work.

Thanks
    Mary
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

If you will put Guaifenesin in the search feature on the top left of this page, there will be hundreds of posts come up about it.

One of our moderators, Mikie does the Guail protocol with good results.

You will need to get the book; 'What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia' by Paul St. Amand, M.D. He also has a website for the Guai.

Hope this helps.

Shalom, Shirl

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is a complex protocol and too much to go into in a single post. We have discussed this extensively, so you should be able to bring up a lot of our old posts. Do a title search on Guai.

Also, go to www.guaidoc.com and you can learn a lot. If you decide to do the Guai Protocol, you will need to buy the book mentioned on the website. The fast-acting Guai sold here is the cheapest and is at least as effective as any other form. For me, it works better.

I've been on the Guai for four years and it has reversed my FMS symptoms about 85 percent. Unfortunately, I also have CFIDS which is much more difficult for me to treat.

Good luck. After you have read the book, if you have any questions, there are several of us here who would be happy to answer them. The Guai has been a God send for me.

Love, Mikie
  4. happygranny

happygranny Member

from Oct 2003, until May of this year. I did find some relief from it, but eventually quit taking it.

However reading Tansy's message post: "Proposed CFS protocol - heart and mitochondria" and knowing the way guaifenesin works to to clear phosphates from the mitochondria so it can work better, I think I am going to start psyching myself for going back on the protocol.

What I need to do it right is someone to map me. Never had that, and think it would have helped me know what I was doing.

happygranny