Anyone tried KEPPRA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JudieV, Feb 27, 2003.

1. JudieV

JudieV New Member

haven't been around lately because I'm sick & tired of being sick & tired! After 8 years I'm tired of the same old complaints!

I have more diagnosis's than I know what to do with or for! It seems as though the symptoms for all of them overlap...........even overlap with a few I don't have (LOL!!)

The rheumy started me on a new one........"KEPPRA" has anyone tried it? She said it was similar to Neurontin (which I did not react well to) We're hoping it will slow down the restless leg & night cramping that makes sleep almost impossible.

I read thru as many posts as I could........God bless! The toll this disease take's is awful!

Sorry I'm rambeling.............

JudieV

2. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

I haven't heard of it, but I have just recently moved and don't have a good dr here in Tucson yet.
    My rheumatologist back in Indiana was my favorite dr. He was so understanding and the way I feel about doctors like him is---they obviously have lived with pain themselves or have loved ones that lives with pain.
    He totally understood everything I went through. I was diagnosed with fibro in 1987--so I know exactly what you mean about beign sick and tired of beign sick and tired!!!
    I have really been having the RLS alot recently myself.
  3. JudieV

JudieV New Member

It's supposed to be brand new. The Neurontin turned me into a dribbling 2 year old.I will try alomost anything.......but am scared doing it!

I keep hoping with time acceptance will come......guess I'm to thick.......cause my brain will not accept the limits the body places on it! At times I feel like I'm caught in the middle <G>

Gentle hugs

Judie