Anyone tried Lexapro ...what results

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by spudzy, Sep 20, 2003.

1. spudzy

spudzy New Member

Has anyone tried Lexapro and what are your results...please help...thinking of trying since I also have panic attacks with FM...thanks
  2. achy

achy New Member

There have been many posts about lexapro...type it in the search box...

I have been on it for 6 months now and I love it. I had tried many other antidepressants and none have helped this much. I just about feel "normal" again...meaning happy.
    I don't feeel like it's helped wiht the pain, but my mood is better, and that helps. No side effects that I can tell, other that if I took it in the am I got sleepy, so I take it about 2hrs before bed. Also take flexeril and I sleep pretty well.

Give it a few weeks...
    Warm fuzzies
    Achy
  3. HappygirlMagill

HappygirlMagill New Member

I was on celexa for years. I also had a strange and terrible side effect which is commonly described as an electric shock sensation in my head. I thought I was going crazy. My doc assured me it wasn't the celexa; it must be one of my other meds. I was subjected to mri's and many neurologic tests. I had no idea how common this symptom is in people taking celexa.

I switched docs and my new doc told me that, oh, yes! That's a very common side effect of celexa! She switched me to lexapro and I love it. And that awful side effect? Gone!

I haven't really been on lexapro for very long, but so far it seems great.

Best Wishes,
    Lynne J. M.
  4. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

The Dr. said that they are the same kind of drug,only that Lexapro does not have BOTH sides of the molecules(Celexa has right and left sides).Lexapro is the drug that only has the good side,without the bad side effect side like Clexa has.
  5. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I used to take Celexa and switched with no changes really.Many yrs. ago I kept complaining to the Dr. about electric shocks in my head and they all thought I was "nuts".LOL.I can say the "shocks' were not from Celexa.I was taking Paxil at the time.

[ advertisement ]