Anyone tried Lidoderm Patches?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LollieBoo, Sep 23, 2005.

1. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

Did they help? Where did you apply them for the best relief? Any negative side effects? I know they are $$$, but if I can knock down my pain without taking anymore pills than I already am, I'd consider it worth it! (And I think my insurance will cover them) It's just figuring out where to put them when I hurt all over!

Thanks for your input!
    -L
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

but they really didn't help me that much. Fortunately, I do have insurance since they are expensive. Also, if I put them on the same areas too often, I would develop a rash.

Ellen
  3. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

...once. They helped just for a little while. I used three at a time twice a day (in the AM and then in the PM). I was told to alternate where I put them. I used two on my back and one cut in half on each foot or ankles. Also used them on my arms, thighs, etc. They only worked for the first week and then nothing. In fact I still have half a box left and plan on trying them again eventually. I hope they work for you. They didn't stay on very well when I put them on my back.
  4. Dara

Dara New Member

Sometimes I think they help, other times maybe not.

I can only use them for 12 hours and then have to have them off for 12 hours.

Yes, they are expensive, but my insurance did help pay for them. Even at that, my co pay was 50.00 for a 30 day supply.

I didn't have any side affects from them. However, my daughter tried them and within about ten minutes she started getting flushed and said she felt strange.

dara
  5. LakeErie

LakeErie New Member

I asked my doc to let me try them, she had no real experience. I found they didn't stay on and only worked a little on surface pain. When my low back hurts I used them, but moist heat from my heating pad did a lot better. I got a new moist heating pad with a super long cord and multiple straps so I can move around and just plug my self in from room to room.
  6. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

my husband just brought home my new script, so I will try them out and let you all know! Thanks!
  7. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

I use them also, but they only seem to help with surface pain.. when I had a frozen shoulder they were wonderful.. but for the really deep "skewed" aching feeling in the hips and low back...nada....

Good Luck
    Sharon
  8. neeter1

neeter1 New Member

I used them on my back. I didn't feel like they helped that much.
  9. jennypee

jennypee New Member

I had some good luck with them, for certain kinds of pain. I get these horrible dull aches in my arms and legs, and the patches mellow those out to a tolerable level. They do fall off a lot, so I keep them on with ace bandages. I hope they work for you!
  10. Cookie3

Cookie3 New Member

I have used the patches and they only work on "surface" pain, or pain right under the skin. They also take a couple of weeks to work really good and are very expensive. They were originally designed for people with Shingles, nerve pain under the skin. Good luck with your pain and take care.
  11. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

Thank you all for your response! Jennypee- thanks for the ace wrap idea... I have noticed a difference in some areas already, but like you said- mostly "surface pain". My deep muscle aches aren't touched... but I can't feel a THING on the skin above them!