Anyone tried Nexavir? Positive or negative results?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hubcap_halo, Apr 23, 2008.

1. hubcap_halo

hubcap_halo New Member

I read in Teitelbaum's "From Fatigue to Fantastic" that he has had some great success with Nexavir with some patients. I'm thinking of asking my doctor for a trial. As well as a retest of my IGG subclass levels, which were "fine" according to Dr. Susan Levine in 2007. But I want to check them again.
  2. spacee

spacee Member

She was able to work with Kutapressin which is not available and the reason why Nexavir was made. She cannot work using Nexavir. But it does help her. I don't know the cost but it is pricey.

There was a post a while back about the Nexavir being "help up customs". And it said that the Nexavir was made in Australia.

Now, I haven't kept up with it might not be true.

A search at the top might bring up some info.

3. munch1958

munch1958 Member

She used it and gave us a full report awhile back.
  4. deliarose

deliarose New Member

off topic, but what's the deal with your whole Valcyte experience?

Clearly, it wasn't a silver bullet. Did it help at all or make things worse or what?

Also, who was yr prescribing physician (Levine?) and what did she make of your experience>?

5. mcflury

mcflury New Member

I tried Nexavir. The injectable, there was not a topical at the time, it was just being made. I felt better in first two weeks and then no difference at all. It could have even been a fluke in the begining. My doctor said several other patients who also asked him for Rx when it came out had same expierence. I continued for a few months as I was having no side effects, other than my pocketbook. It completely reminds me of the amino acid suppliment I use in my reef fishtank, both in color and smell. I just started Valcyte today and hope to have better luck, but even with insurance it is more expensive than the Nexavir. If you need any more info. don't hesitate to ask. BTW: I have FM and CFS with HHV-6.
  6. hubcap_halo

hubcap_halo New Member

My Valcyte experience did some to lower my viral titers, but honestly I'm still recovering from that experience. I would rate it as a hard learning experience that I wouldn't do again. Then again, I picked up a case of Pneu. while on Valcyte which was not treated for a long time so that could have held me down too.

I don't feel valcyte was good for me. Too invasive. I'm now improving very slowly with supplements and TCM.

Dr. Levine didn't have much to say about it. At the time I talked to her, none of her patients were responding.

Hope you are well.
  7. deliarose

deliarose New Member

8. cma331

cma331 New Member

In reply to the person who asked about Nexavir, it is
    still held up in customs, so Nexco Pharma says.
    It seems to be unclear when it will be released.
    They are very quiet about it. It has not been available
    for a few months now; unless a particular pharmacy
    backstocked some. I understand the cream is available,
    but I always took the injectable form. The cream is
    pricier, and has an awful odor.

Does Nexavir help? It really does for me. I am going
    downhill so fast w/o it. I never had the fog, confusion,
    loss of memory on it. Fatigue level was much better also.

You have to stay on it for awhile to get results. I had
    no side effects, and am affected by most meds.

I was hoping someone here had more info than I do.
  9. joanierav

joanierav Member

i was on nexavir cream for about 3 months. it didnt help me one bit. i had great expectations as i heard only good things about the kutapressin injections, and i thought nexavir was very similar if not the same thing. maybe i should have given it more time, but at that price and seeing no results it was hard to keep going. joanierav
  10. wldhrt

wldhrt New Member

I wondered from those who have used Nexavir how much and how often you had to take it? And for how long?
  11. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

I spent over $1,000 for three months on nexavir transdermal gel. Maybe, it helped with my burning skin, but not with my fatigue or fried brain.

Save your money. It's not a panacea.

Had more luck with doxycycline 200mg twice daily.

I am trying lauricidin pellets which can create quite a herx. Clinical studies have proven it breaks down lipid coated viruses in the herpes family, possibly HHv6. Also, EBV and CMV. It can be taken long term and is GRAS - generally regarded as safe.

12. stschn

stschn New Member

I did Kuta in the mid 90's. Either it helped me a lot or I just had a remission-how do you know with the ups and downs of this DD. Why then when it reportedly helped some of us is it no longer available. I don't remember how long I was on it but I do remember the $1,000. it cost us.
  13. SpiroSpero

SpiroSpero New Member

I'm currently on 2ml Nexavir per day and it definetly helps me. I feel a better and have more energy but what is best is that I now can take B12 (always depresses my mood when taking it alone) and other supplements again. The Nexavir has very high mood bossting effects on me and while taking it + antibiotics + B12 + Vitamin C + Magnesium I'm a lot more concentrated and reached higher grounds.
    Is it a cure? Definetly not.

LISALOO New Member

I did one shot a day 2cc, helped with energy for a month, then quit.
  15. spacee

spacee Member

Just to answer your question about why did Kuta go away. After the slight recession the economy had after 9/11, a very small supplier to Swarzch Parma (I know that isn't spell correctly) went out of business. Without that product the Drug company could no longer make Kuta.

I guess they didn't care since it was much of a profit maker for them. It took a several years of writing congressmen, etc, etc, to let the company know that people really needed the med. They didn't bring it back in the same form but as Nexavir. And why it isn't made in the US, I have no idea. Maybe it is even made by a different company.

I took it for 16 years but now take the targeted Transfer Factors and do better with them than the Kuta.