Anyone tried oxygenated water?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Achy-shaky, Jul 3, 2003.

1. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

I've been thinking of trying it out but wanted to get your input first. I'm sure many of my problems arrise from lack of oxygen getting to brain and muscles so I figure it may be worth a try. If you have tried it does it help with energy, brain fog or anything? Any particular brand better or cheaper? Or is it just another scam like some claim?

Thanks everyone.
    Wishing you all a safe and quiet 4th!

~~Shaky~~
  2. smilemona

smilemona New Member

My friends who lived in the jungles of Peru for several years said that oxygen in water is extremely important. They drank from streams, etc. They suggested that I go out in the back yard and pour my water from cup to cup back and forth so that it can mix with the air. I only tried it a few times...for fun...so, I didn't notice a difference in my symptoms. The thought of oxygenated water sounds good to me though. I wouldn't spend a lot of money on it though.

Something I have considered more heavily than oxygenated water, and might pay money for...is visiting a hyperbaric chamber. From what I understand, you get to breathe pure oxygen in there for maybe an hour or something?

I definitely notice a difference in my leg pain when I'm taking deep breaths in and out -- like breathing more fully. Since my symptoms started, I've become a very shallow breather with worse posture than before. So the oxygen seems helpful to me in that respect.

Using hyperbaric chambers is expensive. I'm not in a financial position to try it out right now. So, maybe I'll do the water from cup to cup as entertainment in the mean time. :)
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Read Dr. Paul Cheney's article on breathing exercises in our library. It's excellent for helping the body more efficiently utilize oxygen.

I have some drops which oxygenate water and have used them, but I don't know whether or not they help. I am wondering whether anyone here uses an ozonator to oxygenate their drinking water.

Love, Mikie
  4. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

I also do breathing exercises that do help clear the head and relax me some but I also live in LA area so the air now seems especially lacking in oxygen with smoke from fires and smog. Sometimes I wish I could carry an oxygen tank around when I have to go outside.

The hyperbaric chambers sound great but hard to do with my limited income.

Mikie: I'm just wondering how do they make oxygenated water anyway...couldn't you do the same thing by somehow blowing bubbles into the water? Is that what an ozonator does?
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I was living in the Mile High City when I got sick with the mycoplasma infection, but Dr. Cheney says that those of us who grew up in high altitudes use oxygen much more efficiently than those at low altitudes.

Personally, I believe it is the pathogens which cause the hypercoagulation in our bodies in order to keep the environment to their liking. Bacteria aren't nearly as sophisticated as viruses in manipulating their host cells, but the mycoplasmas which make us sick have some viral properties engineered into them to make them more virulant.

There is ongoing research for bacteriophages, called just plain phages. This knowledge has been around for a long time, but with the discovery of Penacillin, this research fell to the wayside. Georgia, Russia was about the only place continung with this research.

Viruses can infect bacteria. The trick is to find viruses which will destroy the bacteria without harming the body. Some research is ongoing to use viruses to deliver meds to cancer cells.

This research is returning by necessity. Every time we develop antibiotics, bacteria mutate to form resistant strains. This is not a problem with the phages. I think we will be seeing more and more of this. I don't know whether this will ever be effective against the mycoplasmas since they have no cell walls to penetrate.

Love, Mikie