Anyone tried South Beach Diet?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tulip922s, Aug 16, 2003.

1. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

I saw this on Dateline last night and was wondering if anyone has given it a try. Sounds similiar to Atkins. It's suppose to break the carb craving cycle. Tulip
  2. Pat45

Pat45 New Member

Hello ... I have not tried the South beach diet,but I have been doing a much more moderate version. The south beach starts out very restrictive an adds in more carbs and food choices. Since I had a great deal of weight to lose (I gained 100lbs in less than a year when I was hit with CFS and Fibro) My Dr suggested that I keep to a moderate approach that I can live with for the long haul.. So I stick to a moderate carb diet that includes plenty of protein fresh veggies and fruit. I just stay away from WHITE foods... sugars,white flour,pasta,potatoes. It is working pretty well so far as I have lost 50 lbs in the last 7 months. Slow and steady will hopefully win the race. I do "cheat" for special occasions and even when I just feel I need a break. Just do your homework and choose a plan that fits your lifestyle .. Good luck to you....Regards Pat
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Including the two-week induction period. I hope the heirs of Dr. Atkins can go after this doc who is taking advantage of the fact that Dr. Atkins is now dead to promote this book and diet.

I guess the marketers think that by using "South Beach" in the title of the book and naming the diet after this chi chi area that it will attract a while new bunch of dieters. South Beach has nothing to do with the diet. It's a ripoff.

Love, Mikie
  4. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

It sounds so much like Atkins that I was surprised someone else didn't say anything. Of course, I haven't read the book, just going by what I learned on Dateline. Tulip