Anyone Tried Spiru-Tein?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Oct 2, 2010.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Wondering if any of you have used Spiru-Tein Powder? I purchased some and mix mine with water add ice and it is a tasty Protein Drink. The doctor said I needed more protein in my diet.

I failed to ask what he recommended. I have a friend that drinks this and seems pleased.
    Confused about what to buy. I need it for the protein not to build muscle.

2. simonedb

simonedb Member

I used to eat that regularly in the 90s, loved it! I would mix it with vanilla yogurt and it tasted like frosting to me that way,mmmm, maybe I will get some more.
    The reason i stopped buying it is there was something crystallizing about some of the ingredients and it irritated my throat, had sort of phosphorus like abrasiveness or something I dont know what it was but made my throat feel scorched so stopped. NOt saying that was a bad thing but my body reacted strangely to something in it, maybe i will give it a go again and see how fare now.
  3. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

GG, i have tried the spiru-tein drinks, i love them.choc, vanilla and the bananna one is really good :)
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Hi gg - For more protein try adding nuts and seeds, low fat cheese and yogurt, lean meats and poultry, eggs, natural nut butters, legumes and lentils, and Salba.