Anyone tried the BioMat or FIR mat?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rrrr, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Rrrr

Rrrr Member

Has anyone tried one of these? Did it help?

I hear it can be better than the FIR sauna...?

2. nixon

nixon New Member

never even have heard of those.......
    I just googled them.....sounds like something expensive that probably doesn't work, but that's just my opinion.

There are all kinds of things a person can waste their $$$ on, trying to get well.[This Message was Edited on 03/05/2009]
  3. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

Agreed Nixon. Those healthy people believe things work when most of us who are really sick, know they probably don't make a significant difference.

It is ultimately your decision though.
  4. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi Rivka,

I haven't heard of those things or tried them. Dr. Mary Short-Ray thinks that FIR saunas are helpful in detoxing neurotoxins. She says to start with a very small amount of time in one, like 5 minutes. So I wonder how the FIR mat would work, if it's better than the sauna. The saunas cost a LOT.

How are you doing? I hope you are hanging in.

5. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi Rivka,

Nice to hear from you. :)

I've done business with a company called Promolife that sells these types of products. I usually like to talk to the owner of the company, I believe his name is Larry. I even stopped by to visit him this past fall when I was visiting my brother in Arkansas.

Anyway, I would suggest calling Larry, and asking him some questions on these various types of products. He is very knowledgeable and has gotten a lot of feedback from a lot of customers with a lot of different health issues. From my experience, I think he would be quite thorough in trying to help you determine whether certain products might be helpful or appropriate for you.

Best, Wayne[This Message was Edited on 03/05/2009]
  6. Rrrr

Rrrr Member

thanks, all!

fore: coming up for air right now. hope to find a temporary housing situation soon. things have been chaos on my end. you know the story...

fore: so are you still doing the saunas? did you find them helpful? there is someone on my cfs yasko list who is just starting them. she bought a used one. i have to ask her how much it cost.

wayne: i will call him! thanks for the good info. i know that a while back you posted that you were considering using some FIR pads. did you? are they helpful?

wayne: i keep trying the footbaths and they never seem helpful. i got a ton of the clay, so i'll keep trying them, but i keep not finding them helpful.

hey, i found a FIR mat for about $1100, but i think i can't list the website here, right? and i found a sleeping bag online, too. half the price as the mats (mats are about $1100, sleeping bag is about $500).

i know one CFS woman (doing the methylation protocol) with one of the FIR biomats, and she finds it helpful, especially after nebulizing with B12 and glutathione (nebulizing the two togehter is not to supplement with glut but rather to protect the b12 from being hijacked by toxins and thus not leaving enough for yr body to use. this is all as per Rich Van K's theory...)
  7. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi again, Rivka,

I'm wishing you all the best in finding a safe place to live. It's such a difficult situation to be in. Finding a relatively mold-free place is SO hard. At least it was for me.

I haven't done a FIR sauna myself. Dr. Mary had one in her office, but her office had so much mold toxin in it that it wasn't good for me to go in there.

The mat or sleeping bag sounds interesting. I'd like to try one someday. But at the moment, I need to buy clothes!

8. simonedb

simonedb Member

is this similar to the infrared mats at the migun places? you can buy their mats different sizes for like 150$ for little ones i think
    some swear by them, i dunno, thought i herxed 1x, only tried couple times