Anyone Tried The "Eat Right for Your Type" Diet?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kch64, Feb 7, 2006.

1. kch64

kch64 New Member

I bought the books on the weekend and started reading them.

I'm a type O, so I need to cut out wheat because he says its like poison to our systems.

Has anyone had success with this? What was your experience?

Kendra
  2. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Hi Kendra,
    I've got all his books too. I'm a A+ I've got the AABH Sector Test sitting on my desk but I haven't done it yet.

Yes I feel better when I follow the guide lines to eating for A+. Hope it helps you:) Please let me know how it going for you.

Dee50
  3. kch64

kch64 New Member

I'm trying today to stay completely away from all foods that are "toxic".

Glad to hear you feel better when you eat his way.

DO THAT TEST! (smile)

You keep me posted too.

Kendra
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I don't really believe in special diets, but let me tell you, Dee50 suggested this book last fall, I bought it, and started trying some of the suggestions.

Basically, I added more fruit, cut out beef, and started using soy protein more. And it has worked like a miracle for me. And I'm the one who doesn't believe in these special diets. I am the most surprised of all.

I have more energy, my mood is better, etc. I have started losing some weight...not a lot, but some and that's the right direction. I can't say enough about it.

The diet has been a true miracle for me. It may be that eating more protein, non-beef kind, is a real help. I know when I read the book, I looked at the diet, and the foods that are good for me are the ones I like. It wasn't hard to give up beef because I really don't love it that much. It does make meals difficult because my Type O husband loves beef and for his blood type, it's good for him. But, you know, it's working out.

I suggest you try. I'm not a fanatic on it, but I do watch what I eat. I hope you have good results, also.

Sue
  5. kch64

kch64 New Member

I can eat beef, so that's good. I can't eat wheat which is a bummer and dairy is a bummer.

But you know what?.... I can tell a difference when I lay off the dairy. I feel better.

So I'm going to work it into my life and make it work.

i'll let you know.

Anyone else out there?
  6. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I'm so glad this way of eating has helped you. You just made my day :)
    Dee50
  7. kch64

kch64 New Member

Hi. The book is by Dr. Peter D'Adamo. You can look it up on barnes and nobles or amazon. He also has a website.

Just type in your browser eat right for your type and see what comes up.

Its new to me too. He's a naturopathic doctor that says we should only eat certain foods based on our blood types.

Let us know if you try it and if it helps.

K.
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Dee50! You have helped me so much by recommending this book and diet! I always give you the credit for this because I may have heard about it before, but you are the one who inspired me. Thank you again. I do hope you are doing better. Seems like you've had your share of problems lately.

K! I do hope this diet will help you, also. I have not given up dairy completely, but I have severely limited it. I drink soy milk now, but still like a little ice cream now and then and non-fat milk on my cereal. But, that's about it. I'm glad you can tell somewhat already that cutting dairy works better for you. In several months you'll know for sure. It was about 2 months and one weekend I felt better and have continued to since. I'm not perfect, for sure. Still have DD and other things, but I have so much more energy.

(-:
    Sue
  9. kch64

kch64 New Member

Sue, That's great.

Many of the foods he says are beneficial for Type O's I already love.

Like I like Liver and Onions and they are both highly beneficial. I love cherries, plums, prunes, figs. These are all foods that he highly recommends for me.

Unfortunately, i need to give up cantaloupe, but I could tell before reading the book that when I eat it, I don't feel well sometimes afterward.

It makes sense. I just have to find the Ezekiel bread he recommends and start incorporating it into my life.

I'll keep you posted on my results.

Hugs,
    Kendra
  10. Sbilek

Sbilek New Member

Yes, I've found the Blood Type Diet to be very helpful.

From what I understand, re the cantalope, Kendra, it's the mold that can grow on it, I think, anyways.

I love cantalope, too. I still enjoy an occasional one throughout the summer months, but don't over indulge like I used to.

Sbilek
  11. kch64

kch64 New Member

Hi SBilek....How are you today? Are you a Type O also?

I'm like you, I think I'll eat some in season, but other than that, I'm going to try to stick to the plan.

Wheat is the big one for me. I'm still trying to get it out of my diet.

I bought the Ezekiel bread but haven't tried it yet.

I hope it tastes good.....we'll see (smile).

Kendra
  12. Sbilek

Sbilek New Member

Kendra, the Ezekial bread, at first taste, is not very good, compared to the other bread we're used to eating. After a while, though, it's not too bad. It's just a little dry.

I've kind of revised my eating and just try to stay away from all breads, actually. If I want to make a sandwich, I take a big leaf of romaine lettuce, and use that as the "bread."

I'm trying to avoid all the grains, actually, and just use a little bit of brown rice. Of course, I don't totally succeed, but still working at it.

Sbilek
  13. kch64

kch64 New Member

I was thinking the same thing. I was trying to figure out how to do sandwiches for lunch.

I thought I could roll up the meat and veggies in a big lettuce leaf.

Thanks for the input.

K.
  14. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Hi again..I seen you were on the thread that I posted about the cherry juice..

I was telling you over there that I am type O too..I am going to try to find this book.

You are right..I think we like a lot of things that we can eat.. I crave meat sometimes..

And..I have been wondering if wheat was giving me a problem..I try not to eat any bread..

I have been taking threelac for about a month or so and now since the weekend I have been constipated..But I was really watching what I ate and not eating bread..Well over the weekend I had about 3 or 4 pieces of wheat bread..Monday I was sick(diarrehia) and now have constipation.

I do feel some foods are toxic to me..I am just trying to figure out what..Maybe this book would help??

Thanks

SherylD
    [This Message was Edited on 02/10/2006]
  15. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I was just at the grocery store and seen they have that bread..The one I seen was a sprout bread??? But it was wheat sprout.

Why is that ok???..And that is the bread for a O blood type??

Let me know cuz I will pick some up the next time I go..They even had cinn raisen..

What other things should an O type avoid??? You had said wheat and dairy..what else??

SherylD
  16. kch64

kch64 New Member

Hi SherylD,

the reason the book gives is that the seeds are spouted which inactivates the gluten coatings in the seeds. since I'm not the doctor who wrote the book, I can't explain why this works, but somehow it does.

avoid dairy and there are a whole list of things that avoids.

But there are also things that are good.

Just stay away from cheese, milk, and wheat products for now.

I'll try to compile the list for you later.

Kendra
  17. SherylD

SherylD Guest

That would be great to have a list..I will try to get the book the next time I am out..I just don't know when that will be.

I think I will pick up some of that bread the next time I go to the store..I could at least have a piece of toast..

Thanks alot!

SherylD
  18. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

I am an O blood type and I have been following the diet -on and off - for several years. I do know that I am better if I can do without wheat especially. So I think that there is something in it.

I do have some things I am not allowed, including wheat. I think we each have a tolerence level to the foods not on our type and if we overdo these foods, which is easily done, our system does not work as well.

I can have a little bit of bread e.g., 1 or 2 slices once or twice times a week, but if I over go this, my system seems to start to clog up and I get lots of flatulence. Probably would be better to have none - but life has so few luxuries!!!!!!!
  19. jaltair

jaltair New Member

What foods are good for these types?

Interesting thread!
  20. kch64

kch64 New Member

DR. D'Adamo says that type A's are natural vegetarians, but he knows that our diets revolve a lot around meat.

Poultry is fine for you, just stay away from beef.

Also, there aren't a lot of cheeses that you can eat either.

No American, Blue, Swiss and there are others I can't remember.

K.