Anyone tried their compounded thyroid yet?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Oct 23, 2009.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I just received mine, and I'm afraid to take it, even though they swear it's exactly the same as the original Armor Thyroid.

Also, is your insurance paying for yours?

2. n.northernlights

n.northernlights New Member

Hi, I have followed the savenaturalthyroid facebook page, and it should be fine. Also, Thyroid by Erfa (Canada) ((which is the only one really available) is just fine.
  3. GoWest

GoWest New Member

I have taken Armour thyroid for years. Recently, on the same dose but the reformulated product, my labs started to look bad. I was way low on T3. So my doctor switched me to levothyroxine and a compounded T3. Within a few weeks my thyroid levels all returned to normal, and, for the first time, in many years I have a normal 98.6 body temperature.

I THINK the Armour thyroid isn't any good anymore, and I don't think it matters which company you get it from. See if you can find a doctor who will do the compounded T3 along with levothyroxine which is T4.

Unfortunately my health insurance will not pay for compounded medicines, but the price is worth it to finally get something that actually helps maintain normal thyroid hormone levels.

4. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Since I still have a month left of Armor, wondering if I should go straight to taking the compounded one, or alternate one day Armor; the other the compounded.

Need some perspective on this one. So dislike "change" when it comes to meds.

Thanks for any feedback.
  5. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Yes! I've been taking compounded natural dessicated thyroid capsules for a month now.
    They feel the same to me as Armour did. Although I haven't had a lab test yet to confirm I'm doing all right. I might just stay with the compounded capsules if the new formula of Armour is less good.

6. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Forebearance, did your insurance cover yours; was there a co-pay, and what did you have to pay?

I"m about to send in my claim; anxious to see the results. My old Armor was a $10 copay.

Also, did you just switch onto the compounded, or did you alternate, or ??

Thanks for your information.