Anyone tried this? Hypometabolism

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 2bafriend, Jul 24, 2008.

1. 2bafriend

2bafriend New Member

Hi everyone! As you know, i'm here to learn more about fibro & what a great friend of mine goes through. Anyway, She doesn't really eat much at all....and usually doesn't eat anything until late in the afternoon, so i told her i was gonna find a reason to make her eat more... She is overweight, and doesn't think she needs to eat more! anyway... i read something about Hypometabolism...where your metabolism is very slow & causes you to easily gain weight. Its actually associated with Hypothyroidism & Fibromyalgia. Here are a few sites i found. This Dr. Claims by treating the hypometabolism it helps with the fibro??? Does anyone know any more about this & have you tried anything that this guy suggests? Thank you.
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

His focus is on different types of hypothyroidism. I've read (attempted to read?) his major work on this -- it's rather technical. I prefer reading through the Q&A on the web site as it is geared more to the layperson.

Although I am not being treated by him, I am being treated w/sustained release T3 by my doctor and have found it very helpful. Certainly in the top half-dozen helpful things I've tried.

Although I haven't been there lately, I was taken with his description of proper metabolism testing -- that this is a bit more finessing it that most testers usually give. And that improper testing gives wrong results.

I remember reading they will consult by phone if you have thyroid testing results.
  3. nvidia64

nvidia64 New Member

Dr Skinner in the UK has a paper in the medical journal for treating clinically hypothyroid but biochemically euthyroid patients with ME

Basically almost all the free thyroxine results are at the bottom of the reference interval while the TSH averages out about 2.7 making it unreliable in the whole clinical picture