Anyone tried this out...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Myth, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Myth

Myth New Member

Hello,
    Has anyone tried that thing seen on infromercials- It is a device that sends electrical currents into the muscles, it is support to releave pain and distribute oxygen better? I have one, on a trail basis from a friend. And I do find it relaxing. It was a mistake to put it on my chest muscles though, that just caused chest pains, but it does seem to provide some relief to other areas (neck). In some spots it does nothing for me (back), and when I put the electrodes on my upper arm it made my wrist hurt. So I was just wondering if anyone has gotten good or bad result from these things. I know, way back when, when I was in physio-therapy they used a device very similar- so I am assuming it does some good it you use it long anough.
  2. Myth

Myth New Member

Hello,
    Has anyone tried that thing seen on infromercials- It is a device that sends electrical currents into the muscles, it is support to releave pain and distribute oxygen better? I have one, on a trail basis from a friend. And I do find it relaxing. It was a mistake to put it on my chest muscles though, that just caused chest pains, but it does seem to provide some relief to other areas (neck). In some spots it does nothing for me (back), and when I put the electrodes on my upper arm it made my wrist hurt. So I was just wondering if anyone has gotten good or bad result from these things. I know, way back when, when I was in physio-therapy they used a device very similar- so I am assuming it does some good it you use it long anough.
  3. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

referring to a TENS unit? I use one now and again. Since the onset of firo, though, it is sometimes too irritating to use. I find it works best for my neck/shoulders, hands, calves, and feet. It tends to bother my back too much.

When I do my neck/shoulder area, actually making the muscles go into (AND out again) deep spasms brings the best relief. Same for the calves.

Copper
    Let Miracles Replace all Grievances
  4. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

Chiro's. It feels good. Hope this helps, Kim and Gary

Copper, Hi!