Anyone Try Ambien CR?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KittyCat, Dec 12, 2005.

1. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you have tried the newer Ambien CR? My doctor prescribed it for me last week. He refuses to refill my prescription for Ativan - which works far better for me. It really helps with my anxiety and insomnia and it doesn't make me feel weird. The Ambien CR makes me feel 'drugged' and spaced out. I hate that feeling. Not sure what to do. Guess I'll have to go to a mental health practitioner and ask him/her to prescribe the Ativan for me.

2. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

Just wanted to know if anyone else has tried it, and how it affects you. I would rather go a few nights without sleep than to feel 'drugged.' I can't go to my regular doctor because he won't prescribe the Ativan, and he was very rude to me when I asked him to.

Thank you!
  3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I tried it for 4 or 5 nights and didn't like how I felt in the morning. It gave me a definite drug hangover. Regular ambien (5 mg) gets me to sleep just fine.

Stormy's shake has been helping my sleep, too.

Katy
  4. justonemoreday

justonemoreday New Member

made me feel weird and "not there feeling." it is 2bad that we can't get seconol. restaril (sp) was okay and valium was good.
    hope this helps