anyone try Arava?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lin-z, Mar 13, 2006.

1. lin-z

lin-z New Member

I just came back from my third visit to this new rheumatologist who seems much more willing to help than the last . He has diagnosed me with oa, fibro and rheum.arth. I am currently taking 5 mg of prednisone daily which has helped me more than any of the "fibro" meds have in the past.(cymbalta, lyrica , elavil,etc)

He is starting me on something called Arava , i think mostly for the ra. Is anyone familiar with this? He is hoping it will help and i can discontinue the prednisone. I've only been on it(pred.) 3 weeks but I know its not good to be on it long. I also asked him to put me on prozac as i am so severely depressed and he said between the 2(prozac and prednisone) i could gain 50 lbs!!!!! WOOPS!!! NO THANKS!!but i need the prozac..it has helped in the past

Any thoughts or experiences would be great thanks!!! Lindsey
  2. lin-z

lin-z New Member

dont know how it works exactly but i would love a response to this
  3. day2day

day2day Member

I have not tried it, but if you type it in for a search on yahoo, or google,there is info on it.

hope it helps
    day2
  4. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I don't have RA but maybe if you click over to the Arthritis Board you can get some answers...

Hugz,
    Tona
  5. lin-z

lin-z New Member

I wonder how they can tell that you have fibro as well as ra? I know my levels were high for inflammation and my mris were a mess...hmmmm anyway thank you will check the other site!!