Anyone try Emer'gen C?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suz9601, Mar 16, 2006.

1. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Just wondered if anyone tried Emer'gen C and if you noticed any benefit from it. Thanks
  2. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

It seem to help some with energy, but, I got really bloated from it. I remember that it had a lot of sodium in it. Just my experience with it.

Laura
  3. suz9601

suz9601 Member

thanks Laura, anyone else?
  4. CarolK

CarolK New Member

I've used it especially if I feel a cold coming on... and it works very well!

As far as using it for energy.. well I cannot say that it did all that much... but it is worth having on hand in case you feel a cold coming on... that and Zycam! That works so good in stopping a cold from coming on full blown and it also shortens the length of a cold if you do catch one.

Hope this helps... CarolK
  5. suz9601

suz9601 Member

4000mg? Geez, I get diarrhea from just one packet of 1000mg. My bowels are very sensitive.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/16/2006]
  6. swimmer71

swimmer71 New Member

I like it. Gives me a slight energy boost and feel a little better, less lethargic, and the pain subsides a little.
  7. skierchik

skierchik New Member

Yep, I've used them for 5-6 years now. I try to buy a different box each time. Some have more Vit C than others, or one may have more Magnesium than another. I've never gotten bloated from them. I'm sorry some of you have.

I get a good energy boost, pluse they taste good. I use them before a hike or like today, while skiing. It's a great way to get minerals.

skierchik

8. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I do notice benefits - it gives me energy. This drink has electrolytes and minerals. If I am feeling very tired it always perks me up.
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

It gives me a little more energy. It is awesome for colds. It's also good for tissue repair (vitamin c)
  10. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

It has aspartic acid in it...which is part of the molecule making up aspartame. My son really reacts to aspartame, also MSG, so I don't buy the stuff. Sorry to be a downer!