Anyone Try Fibrosleep?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shelana, May 29, 2008.

1. Shelana

Shelana Member

I have been on ambien for a year & would like to get off it, but value my sleep so I have been stalling. :) I was thinking of switching to Fibrosleep. If anyone can give me their input on whether it works or not, that would be great. Thanks!
  2. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Place the word 'fibrosleep' in the search box at the top of the page by 'title'. There are many posts regarding fibrosleep.

Laura

3. jmq

jmq New Member

Did not do a thing for me. I take ambien now. Wish i could find something safer
    jmq
  4. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have not tried fibrosleep...I use Halcion for sleep.

I just wanted to say that sleep is very important to our state of wellness so be very careful before changing something that is working for you.
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Presently I am taking Flexeril and 0.5mg of gen. Klonopin at bedtime to sleep. I ave been trying to decrease the Klonopin so I could then try Fibrosleep or other natural things.

I have only gone down 1/4 of a Klonopin (.05 mg). It is doing OK but I hae been still getting up soe to go to the bathrooom some nihgts. Trying to eliminate that but I usually can go back to sleep. I would love to be able to elimiate the Klonopin altogether after awhile. I may never be able to do so in the end. The doc said that I could cut back.

Does anyone know if there is anything that would work like the Fibrosleep but I could still mix with what I am already taking for sleep? If so then maybe I could decrease the Klonopin faster. I have been on the 3/4 pill for at least a couple of months.

Also, has anyone found anything that can cause problems in mixing with the Fibrosleep (any other meds and such)?

God bless and big hugs,

Granni
  6. Granniluvsu

Presently I am taking Flexeril and 0.5mg of gen. Klonopin at bedtime to sleep. I have been trying to decrease the Klonopin so I could then try Fibrosleep or other natural things.

I have only gone down 1/4 of a Klonopin (.05 mg). It is doing OK but I hae been still getting up soe to go to the bathrooom some nights. Trying to eliminate that but I usually can go back to sleep. I would love to be able to elimiate the Klonopin altogether after awhile. I may never be able to do so in the end. The doc said that I could cut back.

Does anyone know if there is anything that would work like the Fibrosleep but I could still mix with what I am already taking for sleep? If so then maybe I could decrease the Klonopin faster. I have been on the 3/4 pill for at least a couple of months.

Also, has anyone found anything that can cause problems in mixing with the Fibrosleep (any other meds and such)?

God bless and big hugs,

Granni
  7. karmagurl59

karmagurl59 New Member

I am taking Fibrosleep now for 2 months, I also take .50 mg of Ativan and it has let me get at least 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep, sometimes more, I LOVE it!!
  8. Granniluvsu

Hi there ! Just wondering, did you talk to your doctor first about taking the Fibrosleep along with the Altivan? I am wondering because on the back of the bottle of Fibrosleep it says to consult a doc if also on an antideprssant. I take the Klonopin now but am trying to wean off of it and know I can't just stop.

If you spoke to your doc wht did he or she tell you?

Curious if I need to talk to my doc first. I only take the bedtime dose of Klonopin and do not take it through the day. As I said before I have only eliminated the 1/4 of a 0.5 mg pill. Have done this for a couple of months.

I know not to stop taking the klonopin till I have taken my time in doing so. Since I have started weaning off I have slept ok but not the greatest. It depends on the night.

Hugs,

Granni
    [This Message was Edited on 05/31/2008]