Anyone try IV treatments

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chloe_s_mom, Mar 2, 2012.

1. chloe_s_mom

chloe_s_mom New Member

First off, I am so grateful to those who pointed me in the direction of an anti-inflammatory diet. Some of my fog has cleared by going gluten free. Dr. Wahls' diet is so fascinating that I ordered the book and even managed to tweak my hubby's interest in it.

I guess that I have a wee bit more energy bec I decided to explore the diet link more, went to an alternative type of allergy testing (takes a bit of leap of faith) and think that I'm on the right path.

I then booked an appointment with an MD doing 'integrative medicine'. Again, gluten free diet was reinforced.

He is suggesting trying IV treatments (different concotions, usually some combo of vitamins).

I know that I run the risk of lightening my wallet more than my fatigue (ha!) with such treatments, but am willing to try once or twice.

Was wondering if others have tried such treatments?
  2. joanierav

joanierav Member

hi chloe. i tried vitamin drips yrs ago, once a wk. and here it is yrs later and im just as sick as i was then. so i guess that would answer your question. i took them for 2 or 3 years.. luckily this doctor, was able to put them on my ins. so i did not have to pay as they are costly.

then i moved and found an integrative doc who did vit c drips. now they did help. unfortunately i had to pay $100 out of pocket for once a wk. needless to say i couldnt keep that up for long. but i did see an improvement right away.

the first doctors vitamin drips were a pinkish to clear color. and the second docs was a dark golden yellow.

good luck in trying them. i might add that we were 4 woman that i met in a support group, and we all made our appts the same time for the drips and car pooled it, and none of us saw any improvements. hugs, joanierav
  3. chloe_s_mom

chloe_s_mom New Member

for responding - I noticed at the clinic that I went to, that there are different mixtures that can be drawn up for different conditions. Some seem to have more magnesium, others Vit C. If I don't see any difference after one or two, then I will ask for a re-evaluation right away!

Thanks for the heads up on colours too. What a smart idea doing carpooling as well.

Did you ever try testing for heavy metal load/heavy metal chelation?

4. dotros

dotros New Member

I did try IV treatments a few years ago, I believe they were vitamin C, B12, magnesium, not sure what else, they did help, no pain after a few but still had some fatigue. I had to stop as I couldn't afford to keep taking time off work and driving so far each time. I feel I was getting much better, wish I could have continued them. This all is so crazy!! So many people sick and no one known way to make us all better. I blame insurance companies and mainly the unavailability of interagative treatments from main stream Dr's who only want to give you a toxic pill(s) to cover your symptoms. "Treat the disease" and not try to prevent the disease. Which I know is some of our own doing along with our environments. Sorry I didn't mean to go off on a tangent! Lil Hope you find something that works!
  5. chloe_s_mom

chloe_s_mom New Member

Thanks Dotros - yeah, these treatments are completely out of pocket (though I will double check with my insurance). I am so tired of side effects for things that aren't that effective, that I am willing to give it a go.

I do have to drive, but not terribly far. And I can put the treatments on my tax return for 2012.

So far, going off gluten has made a huge difference, more than any anti-depressant.