Anyone try maxalt

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by damz68, Apr 15, 2006.

1. damz68

damz68 New Member

I wonder if this drug could help some symptoms?
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...but just for migraines---mine are pretty standard migraines---and Maxalt works very well for them. I only get 8 of them a month on my particular insurance plan, but I typically never have to use more than 4-5 a month. And they are definitely NOT to be used too often, there are strict guidelines. But Maxalt has been a godsend for me, I suffered horribly from these headaches before my doctor suggested Maxalt.

Hugs,
    Pam
  3. qvrfullmom

qvrfullmom New Member

Sometimes I get really severe pain in my legs and pelvis that comes on very suddenly. Nothing seems to help-pain medication wise. The other day my husband talked me into trying the maxalt that I usually take for migraines. It really helped. I was amazed, I did some research and found that it should have systemic pain releiving properties due to its action. But I have never heard of anyone using it for anything other than migraine...except me. I had the same pain last night and the Maxalt worked again. Not a complete releif but soooooo much better.

Have a Great day,
    qvrfullmom, with 7 great kiddos
  4. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I use it for migraines. It works wonders for my migraines. Glad to hear it helps with more than headaches.