Anyone try medical transcribing from home?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Jul 21, 2008.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I'm trying to look into this. My friend is an office manager and says there is a big market for it. I can type fast and God knows, I'm familiar with a lot of medical terms. I am willing to learn more.
  2. shelly33

shelly33 New Member

I took medical terminology and medical insurance billing classes about 7 years ago. I never really tried to find anything but have heard that some people do it from home. I to would love to be able to do this. If you don't mind, let me know if you find anything out. Thanks.
  3. hensue

hensue New Member

i dont know anyhing about it hope we get some feedback. I would like to do that also if possible have no expierence but i can still learn.
    Thanks for the question
  4. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

are looking for a person now but they have to work from their office because the records go right into their computer system. My guess is someone could actually log on to their system from home but there may be some type of security issue with that. (There shouldn't be, but who knows). If more offices go to that type of system, the home thing wouldn't work out.

They do have a cool system, though. They pull up my x-rays and my picture and my records in the office when they talk to me. If only I could get the PA to read it.

Thanks BroadCasting for the compliment on the puppy. I forgot I had his picture up. He just had his third birthday. I have to put up his sister's picture with him.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/21/2008]