Anyone try Natural Cures?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by motomom412, Nov 3, 2005.

1. motomom412

motomom412 New Member

I've been reading this book called "Natural Cures They Don't Want You To Know About" by Kevin Trudeau. It is extremely interesting. He states that there are loads of toxic chemicals in the foods we eat as well as in our water and everything else we use esp. on and in our bodies. This makes total sense to me. The reasons we get sick is because our bodies are toxic and acidic. I'm going to start incorparating some of his suggestions in his book. I'm going to start drinking pure water, eating organic fruits, vegetables and meat. Eliminating candida yeast, getting colon cleanses and a whole bunch of other suggestions.

I highly reccomend his book and visit his website www.naturalcures.com. If anyone has tried any of these things please let me know. I'm tired of feeling this way and tired of taking all of these stupid drugs! Conventional medicine doesn't seem to be helping so I'm ready to try something else. My chiropractor also went through this total body cleansing process, so I'm going to inquire about that to.

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Regene
  2. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

I am also going to look into seeing an alternative medicine doctor in my area. There is one who is a medical doctor, but now she specializes in alternative and natural therepies rather than Rx meds.

I agree, conventional medicine hasn't helped me, so it can't hurt to look elsewhere. Also, the idea of getting sick from all the crap we put in our bodies makes sense to me too.
  3. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane New Member

I have read the book. Whether he is a snake oil salesman or not is not the question. Living a healty lifesyle helps all. He has been in trouble with the law in the past but some of what he says seems to make sense. organic fruit, cleanses etc...
  4. motomom412

motomom412 New Member

He says the we need the colon cleanses because we have put so much junk into our bodies for years and it is hard to expell everything because how hard the waste has gotten and our colons don't work properly. I know mine does not, my brother on the other hand has no problem, I guess it depends on your system.

I know he has been in trouble with the government because of his outspoken nature in regards to speaking out on the FDA and their involvement with the big drug companies. There are alot of Dr.'s out there who treat with all natural remedies instead of drugs. It's just a matter of finding them.

I know that you can't believe everything everyone says, but I need to try something else, it does not make sense to keep putting these toxic things into my system, I'm not feeling better at all with the treatment my Dr.'s have me on, so theres got to be something better.

Regene
  5. melk

melk New Member

Hi guys, I'm new to the board and just starting to browse through. Regarding natural cures, I just wanted to let you all know that I take a good quality magnesium/calcium supplement twice daily and I wouldn't be without it. When I do run out and am too broke to replenish supplies for a week or so, my muscle pain increases noticably. After three days back on the supplement I feel so much ease in my shoulders, neck and back and taken an hour before bed, helps me to sleep. I've tested the theory several times over and apart from my prescription meds (Endep - ie tricyclic antidepressant in low dose for sleep and pain)it's the only thing that's so far given me relief. I'd urge everyone to try it as anything that cuts pain by half like it does, is worth spending our pennies on. Am currently trying geranium oil (just bought some last night) and will let you all know how it affects me. Cheers, Melk
  6. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

I got the book, and i've heard a lot of the things he's said before, but honestly i feel like the book (and the author) cheats people. 30 dollars for information that you can't REALLY have, and you have to sign up for monthly access to his website to get the specific information?

The author has been charged and jailed in the past for fraud, stealing money, etc. So maybe some of the things he says are right, but I just don't trust him as a person to be telling the whole truth.

There was a really good article about him & his Natural Cures book in the Washington Post recently. WashingtonPost.com might have it on their site if you want to look it up.
  7. cgaspard100

cgaspard100 New Member

I was considering this book at one time, and then I read all of the reviews on Amazon.com. The reviews are absolutely terrible. I haven't read it myself, but one of the most common complaints relates to having to subscribe to his website service to get any real information. Not a good way to do business.