Anyone try PHASE 2 for weight loss?? RESULTS?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Jan 5, 2008.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

I just happened to run across this report online at science daily... sort of reads like an ad, but at least there was some direct research with the actual product (it appears).

Has anyone tried this? If so, did you have good or bad results?

Here's parts of the article:

Weight Loss Weapon
    Carb-cutting Enzyme Stopped By Bean Extract, Endocrinologists Say

April 1, 2007 — UCLA researchers have found an extract in white kidney beans may help the body stop carbs from breaking down into sugars.

A digestive enzyme in the body normally acts like scissors, literally cutting starches into little sugars. Phase 2 stops the enzyme from cutting, so the starches stay in the body as long fibers and are burned off quicker. Patients in the clinical studies who took Phase 2 lost body fat, not lean muscle.

... UCLA researchers have found an extract in white kidney beans may help the body stop carbs from breaking down into sugars.

"By lowering the amount of starches in our diet and the amount of carbohydrates in our diet, we allow the body to slowly start to burn off that stored energy," says Rosenblatt.

Here's how Phase 2 works: A digestive enzyme in the body normally acts like scissors, literally cutting starches into little sugars. Phase 2 stops the enzyme from cutting, so the starches stay in the body as long fibers and are burned off quicker -- making losing weight and keeping a normal blood sugar much easier.

Doctors say patients in the clinical studies who took Phase 2 lost body fat, not lean muscle. The extract is not recommended for pregnant women or type one diabetics because their blood sugar could get too low. Mild nausea is the only known side effect.

Nora Cosgrove's struggled with her weight all her life. ...when her doctor said she was on the fast-track to developing type 2 diabetes, she tried Phase 2.

After 3 months, she lost 30 pounds and 6 dress sizes! "I'm not tired anymore," Cosgrove says. "That's the main thing."

The FDA recognizes Phase 2, but doctors say it isn't a miracle pill. Patients still need to watch what they eat and exercise. But at least they don't have to give up carbs for good. It is available over the counter at health food stores for about $25 a bottle.

Note: This story and accompanying video were originally produced for the American Institute of Physics series Discoveries and Breakthroughs in Science by Ivanhoe Broadcast News
    ----------

They didn't have a direct link to the actual research, and I'm too lazy to search for it... lol...

but really, I'd like to know if anyone here has tried it and what your results were, good or bad.

Thanks,
    Victoria

2. victoria

victoria New Member