Anyone try "Sleep Refresh" sleep aid product?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cakedec, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Cakedec

Cakedec New Member

I got an ad in the mail for "Sleep Refresh", a natural sleep supplement from the Institute for Vibrant Living. It has the following ingredients in it:

1. 5-HTP
    2. GABA
    3. Suntheanine (form of L-theanine)
    4. Pyridoxal Phosphate (active form of B6)
    5. Valerian
    6. Passionflower

Of course, it doesn't tell how much of each is in the capsule. I know that people on here have said that the 5-HTP helped them sleep at night; I haven't tried it.

This stuff is not cheap at $49.95 a bottle plus 6.95 shipping; but you get 1 free bottle for every 3 you buy. Also, if you bought each of these items separately, it would probably be more than that.

Just wondering people's opinion of this formula and if anyone out there tried it and what their experience with it was.

I am currently on deseryl 75 mg. and I do sleep, but feel queasy and hung over in the morning; valerian by itself does nothing for me.

Deb
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

I haven't tried it, BUT, it has the same ingredients as a product I use, called Rest & Restore. Rest & Restore is sold by Fibro & Fatigue Center, $27 for 90 capsules. I usually take 2 at night. I also have used L-Tryptophan for many years. Together, I sleep like a baby. With either of these products alone, I also sleep VERY WELL.

The ingredients in Rest & Restore are:

GABA
    Valerian (Root)
    Skullcap
    PassionFlower
    Camomile
    L-Threonine
    5-HTP
    Melatonin

I would try the Sleep Refresh if I could find it at a comparable price.