anyone trying to ride a motorcycle with fibro???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hannahfaid, Oct 26, 2008.

1. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

I tried taking class I crashed emotonally and physically after three hours on range I have a 1200 I was riding a 500 Im never gonna make it I feel very let down and disappointed in myself everyone thinks I can do it I KNOW I CAN'T what to do
  2. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Are you crazy? Just kidding, but really I wouldn't even attempt a motorcycle. But shoot, I wouldn't even attempt a bicycle hehe! You go girl! Motorcycle Mama! I think if you can handle a bike for 3 hours you got it!

Good Luck!
  3. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

Hi Jam!! and board! Im not doing so good... I moved here to AZ... I thought the weather was going to help me...I have just been really stressed therefore I have not been feeling too good...I have had 2 flares since June... I moved into my house in September from the apartment (had an apartment when I first got here in May) so..Im still trying to get settled and trying to start my business again... then I started feeling good and attempted this crazy motorcycle idea... Got a harley for a really low price and I am just too weak to deal with a bike half the size... too much stress in all thats involved in riding... Im on stronger meds now..that scares me
    The fibro has progressed... Im taking MS Contin 2x a day and Percocet for breakthrough pain (2-3x a day as needed) so If Im not asleep I feel and look loopy...
    fortunately.... I have met a great guy and he helps me SO much My ex did nothing for me and I dumped him like a bad habit... My new beau cooks for me and helps me with anything I need, brings me my pain meds in the morning so I can take me time getting up...just feels so good not to feel alone when you feel like crap!
    I havent been on the board in about 5 months so this is my big update
    anyway HOW ARE YOU????

KDBBEV New Member

Yes I ride, not as often as I want and usually have to pay for it the next day with extra pain meds but it is the most freeing thing I do... I have a kawa 800 vulcan, been riding 5 years. I will be riding for ever, will have to eventually get a trike. I dropped mine to several times, but just keep on trying. I am planning to also get a 1100 next time.