Anyone use a CPAC machine but no sleep apnea

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tilla, Oct 9, 2005.

1. tilla

tilla New Member

I was really thinking I had found the answer to all my problems before I had the sleep study. I am on oxygen but the sleep study did not show that I had sleep apnea.

I have not seen the results yet, but I was wondering if anyone uses one even though they do not have apnea. If so, does your insurance pay for it?

2. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Dear Tilla Hi.

I do not officially have sleep apnea - the sleep study I hadn measured very, very mild and therefore, technically, I did not have apena. However, my CFS doctor suggested that I try the machine to see if I had better sleep. I'm not on oxygen. I think I am sleeping better, even though some nights the mask can get quite sticky, if it is a hot night. I would not be without it now. I do not know if a person can become physically dependent on it. My private health insurance (Australia) covers a large part of the cost of the machine, but none of the cost of the mask.

Can you rent the machine for a while to see if you want it? That's what I did.

3. tilla

tilla New Member

Thank you for your answer. I have been using the oxygen machine and I really like it. You have to be fitted for the cpac machine, so I don't know if they will just let me have one without another sleep study.

I am renting the machine I use now, and would like to buy one. Know that I am at a lower altitude and my oxygen level is normal, they may not want to pay for it.

There is a No mask piece you can buy. I believe the website is the No mask and then .com.

4. tilla

tilla New Member

please bump
  5. tilla

tilla New Member

[ advertisement ]