Anyone use a CPAC machine but no sleep apnea

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tilla, Oct 9, 2005.

1. tilla

tilla New Member

I was really thinking I had found the answer to all my problems before I had the sleep study. I am on oxygen but the sleep study did not show that I had sleep apnea.

I have not seen the results yet, but I was wondering if anyone uses one even though they do not have apnea. If so, does your insurance pay for it?

Thanks,

Tilla
  2. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Dear Tilla Hi.

I do not officially have sleep apnea - the sleep study I hadn measured very, very mild and therefore, technically, I did not have apena. However, my CFS doctor suggested that I try the machine to see if I had better sleep. I'm not on oxygen. I think I am sleeping better, even though some nights the mask can get quite sticky, if it is a hot night. I would not be without it now. I do not know if a person can become physically dependent on it. My private health insurance (Australia) covers a large part of the cost of the machine, but none of the cost of the mask.

Can you rent the machine for a while to see if you want it? That's what I did.

jfrustrated
  3. tilla

tilla New Member

Thank you for your answer. I have been using the oxygen machine and I really like it. You have to be fitted for the cpac machine, so I don't know if they will just let me have one without another sleep study.

I am renting the machine I use now, and would like to buy one. Know that I am at a lower altitude and my oxygen level is normal, they may not want to pay for it.

There is a No mask piece you can buy. I believe the website is the No mask and then .com.

Thanks,

Tilla
  4. tilla

tilla New Member

please bump
  5. tilla

tilla New Member