Anyone use a hospital bed??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Jun 27, 2003.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I have decided I want one as I started having so many more symptoms this past mo that look like chronic fatigue in assition to my fibro, or something more neurological like Parkinson's, MS, Lupus, etc.

I am so tired I am having a hard time staying awake at all, having trouble breathing at night while sleeping, I wake up gasping for air, my hubby thinks I am choking to death and he freaks, he is getting more used to it lately tho, this has only been going on for 2 mo maybe, I am having a hard time swallowing, I have literally no appetite, I make myself eat and I am getting nauseous all the time, esp after I eat. I am regurgitating my food up if I eat during the swallowing probl, comes & goes. I am really jerking a lot more too, my whole body is getting involved in really big powerful jerks, not just the arms, shoulder, face, etc any more. My vision is double all the time now or fuzzy in the left eye. There are many more things going on now than I used to have, too tired to type it all out but the sleep definitely more comfortable in the recliner in the liv rm but I don't wanna do that forever.

My ins will pay 80% of the cost of a hosp bed if Madwolf writes me an rx, I was wondering if I am alone in this???

Any input into all the changes with my symptoms would be greatly appreciated too. I saw a neuro a few days ago and he was condescending, did not want to hear about my symptoms, was so rude to me and my hubby, I never want to see him again but there is something going on with me that is different and way worse and I want o figure it out as a different medicine regime may be helpful.

sign me:
    Wanting seperate beds!

Jaci
  2. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

I don't have a hospital bed, but I sure want one and
    need one. I have many health problems, too, and
    would love to have one.

One thing I often thought about is that I sleep
    in a double bed and it is a foam mattress.
    I don't think I could handle coiled mattresses!

I think I would miss having my big double bed.
    However, the next time I get a new bed, I am
    really considering getting one. I wonder if
    Medicare or Medicaid covers one.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Lynn