Anyone use a TENS unit?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jdala, Aug 16, 2003.

1. jdala

jdala New Member

Has anyone tried a TENS unit for pain? I recently purchased one on ebay and I don't know how I ever lived without it. Wish I'd had one years ago.
  2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

My husband got one from workers comp for his back and neck. I have used it a couple times. Maybe I will try more, cause I didn't see a difference really. Maybe if I give it more of a try, daily.. See what happens.

Glad you got one, heard it helps.

Wild in ways, things I never heard of until the Diagnosis of FM. Never heard of a tens unit until recently.
  3. duketomato

duketomato New Member

I have had a tens unit for 10 years. It helps alot but as soon as I take it off the pain comes right back.I would like to find one that could handle about 20 electrodes so I could get all of the pain areas at once but even if they made one it would probably take a car battery to run it.
  4. finnigan1229

finnigan1229 New Member

Hi jdala - I have had a 10s unit for about 9 years. My only problem now with it is that in order for it to help with pain I have to crank it so high that the unit hurts, so I haven't used it for a while. I am using lidoderm pain patches now and absolutely love them.
  5. Kingskid

Kingskid New Member

It really does surprise me how some things work for some & not others.
    I used a tens unit, My BIGGEST MISTAKE
    my neck & back was just over the edge in pain, it felt good
    but took it off & in 15 min. I wish I never heard of a Tens Unit, my back was banging & throbbing, pain lasted for 3 days of suffering, had to stay in bed.
    I wish I never had on in my possession.
    Whatever works for you, be careful when first trying go easy at first.
    Blessings to all
  6. pixipip

pixipip New Member

I use mine a lot, but it only gives relief around where the electrodes are, need a couple of dozen realy.
  7. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I USED TENS MACHINE ONCE AND NEVER AGAIN!!!!ONLY HAD IT ON REALLY LOW AND IN 2 MINS I WAS SCREAMING FOR HUBBY TO GET IT OFF ME COS IT CAUSED ME SO MUCH PAIN!!!
    I AM VERY PAIN SENSITIVE ANYWAY BUT THOUGHT IT MIGHT HEKP ME BUT NO WAY!!
    RENA UK
    [This Message was Edited on 08/24/2003]