Anyone use Benadryl?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Nov 10, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello all:

My doctor told me to use Benadryl for sinus problems. He also told me it would help with sleep and smooth muscle relaxation.

He also told me it was used for Parkinson's.

He said to me that Benadryl was 44% more effecive than the leading RX presciption.

He also said it was in all the sleep mes like Tylenol PM and all of the rest. Benadryl is the med in it.

I have found real help in it.

Anyone else try it? Or found it to be a failure? Or just a so-so med.

nyrofan
  2. pblondeau46

pblondeau46 New Member

Hi Nyro, I found this article on using Benedryl for fibo. I think I may try it tonight.

http://www.geocities.com/cfsdays/nye-pt.htm
  3. Dixie_Amazon

Dixie_Amazon Member

It just dries me out too much, and I take half the adult dose. I took it last night due to some extreme itching and I have already had a nosebleed.
  4. scott14

scott14 New Member

Reg. Benedryl & sleep:

I have been hesitant to try Benadryl for sleep, as I also have restless leg syndrome / involuntary limb movement, and I have difficulty getting stage 4 / delta sleep. I have heard that Benedryl (anti-histimine?) exacerbates RLS and might possibly hamper deep (delta wave) sleep. Anyone else heard anything similar, or have experience with this?

I also tried Mirapex for the RLS and sleep, but I think it made me feel more awake. Others experiences?

5. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Benedryl works very well for me too. At the first sign of an allergic reaction if I take two it stops it more than most other meds do.As a sleep aide it works there too. The generics most often work exactly the same way and can save big bucks. Maineweezie