Anyone use Dr. Teitelbaum protocol??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by campbeck97, Aug 14, 2008.

1. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Hi I have been reading alot on Dr Teitelbaums protocol and was wondering if anyone was using it and how its working for you? It really sounds expensive with all the supplements and all. Just grasping for some answers out there if there is any. Thanks
  2. tkearn5000

tkearn5000 Member

I am getting started on his protocol now. I am 23, and have had CFIDS for about a year and a half, and am lucky to have a Fibromyalgia and Fatige Center about an hour away from my home,(in Pittsburgh). Their treatment methods are based on Dr. Teitlbaum's work.
    It is expensive, however they are very good about helping file claims with your insurance.

I've only been on the program for a little over a month, so haven't noticed much, other than some die off. However I have more faith in this method than others I have tried in the past because of the in depth testing that is done before coming up with a treatment plan. So far I am on d-ribose, maitakie mushroom caps, an anti-viral supplement, immune globulin injections, and proboost. I will be starting valcyte soon. According to my labs I have high titers for EBV and HHV6, and need to kill off the viruses.

I can keep you posted if you are interested. the Dr. I am seeing is the first one, (i've been to 7 in the past year), that seems to really grasp what i'm going through. Since he only treats patients with FM and CFS he knows what he is doing, and doesn't think i'm depressed, or that I just need to learn to live with it, and he has sucessfully treated a large number of patients with Teitlbaum's method. The great thing about this method is that the testing really pinpoints root causes of the illness. No two cases are alike, and there are a multitude of things that can cause Fm and CFS. That is why it is so hard to find the proper treatment. I am hoping this one will work for me.
  3. NightAngel

NightAngel New Member

What IS his protocol?
    [This Message was Edited on 08/17/2008]
  4. tkearn5000

tkearn5000 Member

This is a link to a site explaining the paticular treatment method i'm using with my doctor. I am being treated for CFS caused by viral infections.

This is a link to the site for the Fibro and Fatigue centers, that were founded by Dr. Teitlbaum, and use his 6 step approach for treatment.