Anyone use Epicor?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rockgor, Feb 12, 2010.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Prohealth sells Epicor. I watched an on line video about this supplement. Video
    froze up after a couple minutes.

Anyhoo I am somewhat confusiated as Epicor is made from yeast. I thought
    yeast was something we were trying to avoid.

Anybody have any insight, info, experience. I'll settle for an epiphany.

2. KerryK

KerryK Member

I have been using for my nasal issues for last 3 mo.. Very helpful. It also seems to settle my guts quite a bit, though it took longer for that effect. No help for pain issues. Great product.
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

EpiCor is made from fermented brewer's yeast and it does not affect candida if that is what you are worried about. I just started using Epicor last week so I can't comment on it yet as it is too soon to know if it is helping my sinus issues.
  4. rockgor

for the replies and info. I will give it a try.

Doncha think EpiCor sounds like something to do with Disney?

5. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Hi Aussie - This isn't regular brewers yeast. Epicor came about because the workers in the manufacturing plant working with the fermented brewers yeast weren't using their sick days and being hospitalized for any medical problems. These people weren't getting sick, period. It was their health insurance company that brought this to their attention. That is when the company started looking into a version of their product for humans, as their original product was used in animal feed.

There are four Pubmed articles (PMID: 19672568; PMID: 18488594; PMID: 18335702; PMID: 18335698).

6. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

I used it for 2 years. Can't say I really saw a difference. I still got sick with colds, etc. I just recently stopped a few weeks ago. It's pretty expensive, and I'm trying to cut down on expenses.

7. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Hi CherylSue - I can't say that I am noticing any difference after using it for a few weeks. I still have my sinus infection; my allergies are actually worse now than they were a few weeks ago.

I'm wondering if maybe the reason it worked so well for the workers was the fact that they were inhaling the fermented yeast, rather than ingesting it. Even though the farm animals were ingesting the yeast and they were healthier than animals on other feeds. I guess time will tell :)

I've got enough EpiCor for six months so I'll see how I feel at the end of that time.
  8. KerryK

KerryK Member

Tigerlilea - sorry to hear epicor has not helped. It helped me the first day and has been helping since.

For those worried about cost, I see that Swanson Health offers it at the lowest price I have seen ~$10 for 30 day supply.

Aussiewoman - I think your analogy may be off. Likening epicor to yeast is like likening alcohol to grain. Much different products and applications. Further, companies commonly pay for their own product safety testing, including pharmaceuticals. Enjoy your Heineken, but just know it has been tested and has been found to have good and bad side effects.

Good luck!
    [This Message was Edited on 02/22/2010]
  9. Shannah

Shannah Member

Research on Epicor states that it's derived from Saccharomyces Cerevisiae. Is this yeast processed somehow to become Epicor?

In otherwards, would taking just s. cerevisiae have the same effect?

I've tried researching this and can't get to the bottom of it.

10. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Hi Shannah - The EpiCor yeast is fermented using a proprietary process, therefore, it is different than regular brewer's yeast and works differently in the body.
  11. Shannah

Shannah Member

I took my first one yesterday and felt better for a couple of hours but after that I crashed really HARD!

Wonder what that means!
  12. Shannah

Shannah Member

For those using Epicor, are you just taking 1 a day?

13. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I take one capsule everyone morning.
  14. rockgor

for all the responses, folks. I actually forgot all about this thread.
    After 20 year of brain fog, I drifted into Alzheimer's.

At any rate, I plan to give this stuff a try.