Anyone use Flax seed Fish oil?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kalley167, Apr 7, 2006.

1. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I was told by a friend I should try these. Just wondered if anyone here has used them or are using them.
  2. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

Self bumping LOL !
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi
    I use flax seed in whole grain bread dough and in cereal! im sure it's very good for us to add to anything we like salads............etc it tastes ok!! also take codliver oil everyday it seems to help with depression and other things!!
    just started taking fish oil supposed to be really good for joint and tissue function...............hope it helps you! sisland
    [This Message was Edited on 04/07/2006]
  4. crackerB

crackerB New Member

I started taking wild salmon oil, flax seed, and black current oil everyday about a year ago. I have to say my overall mood has improved alot, and so has my joint pain. Went off of them for 2 months and backed up a bit so I got back on them. Good luck. cb
  5. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I am considering trying them. Just have to get the $ to do so.
  6. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

yes it very good for us, i also hurd from a fitness exspert that flaxceed burns fat and thats a good way to get rid of body fat. im going to get some right now..lol
    ive been taking omega3 it keeps me reguler with my meds.hope this helps onna
  7. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

Fish oil grosses some people out. However, there are capsules which do not dissolve until the small intestine for those people.

I was on flax seed and fish oil, never had any problems and my cholesterols were fine.

Flax seed oil has some Omega 3's and things which are better obsorbed than in fish oil, and can be used when people ugh fish oil.

Flax seed whole DO NOTHING. If you are eating stuff with flax seed, it must be ground flax seed, to be utilized, not whole seeds.

I had to go off the fish oil and flax seed oil because of procedures I was having, like colonoscopy and injections.

They change clotting times, which also helps with the heart, but because of the colonoscopy and biopsy, and then the injections I had been off them for almost five weeks.

Had labs drawn and my LDL had gone up 100 points.

Went back on immediately. Will wait a month, and then repeat before going on meds.
  8. damz68

damz68 New Member

you can put your fish oil in the freezer. That is the only way I can handle it. Taken frozen there is much less fish burps.
  9. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

I not only had a hard time taking fish oils, but had a hard time with the giant horse pill size of must brands....

I finally found one in a micro capsules which is about 1/3 the size of most. Also, look for Ultra-Refined which is much higher quality!! It also helps with the taste and the fish burpies ; )

TM~
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

was loaded with farm direct cold-milled organic flax seeds

nutra fresh pack
    rich in omega-3 & omega-6 & omega 9patty acids

you can add these to the shake and it tastes great use 1/2 an apple toss in some blueberries and razzberies,,,or strawberries...yummy it is...
    and the whey powder...

jodie

essential fatty acids (efa's)
    dietarty fiber & lignans
  11. millennia

millennia New Member

I am the fish oil Queen. I wouldn't go a day without it. I also eat ground flax seed in my oatmeal and pancakes and whatever I can add it to. One word of caution on flax, studies show that it can cause mania in people who are bipolar. I guess it works too well as an antidepressant. Fish oil on the other hand seems to work as a mood stabilizer and an anti-depressant, so it is really good for people with bi-polar disorder. Fish oil helps so much with my fibro-fog, I would've dropped out of school by now without it. It also has helped my mood so much. I got sick off of every anti-depressant the docs ever gave me, now I take fish oil and I'm better!

Onto brands, there are two I know of that don't cause fishy burp. Coromega, which comes in a pudding packet. I don't like it, but I have friends that love it. It goes for about $19.99 at vitacost. That is half what I've seen it other places.
    Now my personal favorite is Fisol. Someone said they have soy, no soy on the ingredient list, but there is gelatin and I know some vegetarians won't consume that. Fisol is enteric coated, so it dissolves much further down, so no fishy burp and you absorb more. Fisol is $15.97 for 180 soft gels at vitacost. Once again you'll probably pay more if you get it from you'll local health food store.

Fish oil has helped me so much, I would love to help someone else by passing along any info I have. Feel free to ask me anything else or about my other favorite, calcium pyruvate!