Anyone use Marijuana for Fibromyalgia?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loto, May 5, 2017.

1. loto

loto Member

Hi.
    Does anyone here use Marijuana for Fibromyalgia?
    Does it help you?
    Do you only use marijuana or use it along with other meds?
  2. PABNC

PABNC Member

I just started a week ago using CBD oil, capsule form, 20 mg. CBD oil is legal in all states. My doctor recommended it because basically I was bedridden from 30 years of fibro. Yes, it knocks out the pain and has really helped my sleep. I am not taking any thing else for pain but am still using my sleep meds. BUT a nasty side effect is major fatigue. When you add this to fibro fatigue, it is debilitating and a real big drawback. The pain relief lasts 16 hours and is almost total. I plan on researching to find another company that I can order a lower dose(10mg) from and give that a try. The other thing I have noticed is I feel "dull". Not "mellow", "relaxed". So that is my take after one week trial. I am going to keep trying. My advice is really research the companies and their testing to be sure of the quality and safety of their product.
  3. jkennedy

jkennedy Member

@loto, I live in TX, so pot isn't legal here, but I did go to a couple of the state-run dispensaries in Seattle when I was visiting family. I tried several types of pot to help my pain.

I got a great deal of relief from a very low-THC edible mint. It's called Mr. Moxey's Mints, and each mint has 5% THC. One mint gave me fantastic relief for hours.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good info. My kids live in CO and I may get there one of these days.

Love, Mikie
  5. jkennedy

jkennedy Member

@PABNC, I use Plus CBD Oil in the 10 MG dose.

My biofeedback therapist uses Hemp Fusion. It has a lower CBL oil content than the Plus brand, but has other ingredients to make it more bioavailable. I have not yet tried it, but know these are both good brands.

The Plus CBD Oil that I use doesn't help me with pain, but does help with sleep and is a godsend for IBS. My doctor had recommended it for IBS. Drinking George's Aloe Vera Juice helps me a lot with IBS, too.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Again, good info. In lieu of Zantac, I take a product called, AcidRelief360. It contains aloe vera, licorice, lemon grass and slippery elm. It's soothing to the gut. Antacids and proton pump inhibitors are not good to take long term so I was glad to find this supp. Probiotics help with IBS too. For regularity, I eat Kellogg's bran buds; it has to be the bran buds and not just bran to be effective.

Love, Mikie