Anyone use Milk Thistle?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monica33flowers, Oct 30, 2008.

1. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

My mom dropped off a vitamin catalog and I'm intrigued by milk thistle.

About two months ago my dr. ran some blood tests and my liver enzymes were a little high. I'm wondering if taking this supplement would help lower the enzymes.
  2. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

and have been using it consistently and pretty much daily for probably a year now. it def helps with the fatigue and i'm sure i'd be a whole lot worse if i hadn't been taking it, but i'm not so sure it really helps with lowering liver enzymes bc my enzymes are still very high... i would suggest that everyone with cfs take it tho, it will certainly help strengthen the liver a bit
  3. kbak

kbak Member

Milk thistle is wonderful for your liver. Anyone taking any kind of meds should be taking it. It detoxes your liver, which is extremely important. I've taken it for yrs. and my liver enzymes have always been great. My sis had VERY high liver enzymes and she started taking it and brought them right down to normal very fast. It is suggested that you take it 5 days on 2 days off, as with most herbs you shouldn't take them without a break.

Good luck,
  4. coderlaury

coderlaury Member

I've been taking it for almost 6 months...My liver enzymes are within the normal range now. Prior to having my gall bladder removed, my enzymes were through the roof. I was tested for all types of hepatits.

My enzymes had been elevated for about 20 years...I am not, nor have I ever drank alcohol so it was discouraging that the enzymes were elevated.

If you still have a GB, might want to check that out...if not, yes I'm a firm believer that Thistle is a GREAT liver cleanse.