Anyone use TENS devise?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by luv2float, Jul 17, 2003.

1. luv2float

luv2float New Member

I just had my first visit today at a pain center for treatment of FM. One of the things the doc recommended was the use of a TENS devise. Has anyone used this before? Was it effective? Any comments would be appreciated.
  2. Lynda B.

Lynda B. New Member

I can help when you have pain in a certain but not when your pain is all over. It can also be used as a diagnostic tool. Sometimes, we fell pain in one are but it oringinates from a muscle, tendon, etc. in another area. So it helps me figure out my body better and what is hurting and why.

Lynda B.
  3. j9miller

j9miller New Member

Mine is a combo TENS and deep tissue massager. We have a love hate relationship. Sometimes the unit works wonders but other times I want to tear it off and throw it in the ocean. I do like the TENS part when I am in spasm (which seems to be alot lately) but the massage can get very painful. It takes a total of 45 minutes to go through the whole program. 15 minutes for the pain section - TENS and then 30 min of massage. I am in control of the amount of electrical stimulation pulses the unit sends. The negative is that as soon as I take it off the pain is back and sometimes worse. But I will keep using it because who knows, maybe things will get better with time.

Janine

[ advertisement ]