Anyone use the ALPHA STIM 100 ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HurtsToMove, Apr 18, 2007.

1. HurtsToMove

HurtsToMove New Member

I'm considering buying this since alot of the studies I've read say it can offer considerable relief from FM pain. Plus I'm not real happy with the pharmaceuticals.

It's expensive though (around $900), and of course my insurance won't cover it, so I'm wondering if anyone has found it helpful?

If you'd like to know more, just google the name of the device, which is similar to a TENS machine. It's made by Electromedical Products. You have 2 electrode clips that you put on your ears for 20 min-1 hour every other day. Supposedly marked improvement is felt within a couple weeks.

All feedback greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/19/2007]
  2. mezombie

mezombie Member

started by Wolverine. He and others on the board discuss their experiences with Alpha-Stim on it.

Hope this helps.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/19/2007]
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

but i wanted to my dr wouldnt give me a script but she did say they are starting to learn about this kind of therapy and it looks promising good luck charlene
  4. HurtsToMove

HurtsToMove New Member

If you DID want to try it, I found websites that you can order from without a script. Oh, they SAY you need one on the main page, but when you add it to your cart and go to pay the order goes through.

I'll probably end up doing that if my doc doesn't want to write the prescription. I go on the 30th, we'll see what he has to say about it...
  5. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i dont think thell send it without it i ordered a script on line and they let me pay for it but wouldnt ship it until the dr faxed the script in i just thought youd like to know that charlene
  6. HurtsToMove

HurtsToMove New Member

Thanks for the info, I'll keep it in mind. So I guess I'll have to convince my doc that it's worth a shot!
  7. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

I did start a separate thread on this topic. I have read a fair bit and the only thing stopping me going ahead with getting one is the price.

It looks promising indeed and have read alot of stories how it helped people. I will find a way to try it and will be letting everyone here know how it goes.

Im mostly interested in it as a sleep aid and how it apparently lowers stress / increases neurotransmitter function.

If anyone uses one let us know! Thanks. ~Chris.
  8. suzannekart

suzannekart New Member

I have been using one for several months now. It is the best thing ever!! I have answered posts about it before and had some really negitive things said but, I think people just don't understand them and I am sure they will become more and more important in the treatment of many conditions.

Suzanne
  9. HurtsToMove

HurtsToMove New Member

Thanks for the feedback. I found your previous post and see what you're talking about. People mistakingly feel it's like electrotherapy.

If I can get my doc to write the script I'm gonna try renting it before I commit to buy.

How much of an improvement would you say you had in pain? 50% or more?
  10. desertlass

desertlass New Member

I don't know if things have changed in this area in the last six years.

I had to have a painful back procedure done so a biofeedback guy gave me his alfa=stim machine to borrow during the procedure.

I used it for about a week beforehand to help build up the process. I was in severe acute pain, then. I felt that it helped to keep me somewhat calm-er. Not all the way to calm, because of the severity of the issue.

I used it during one of the procedures, and it did help some-- this procedure involved a LOT of needles. Anyway, I have nothing negative to say about it.

Perhaps many things like the alpha stim, biofeedback, tens units, etc. seem to be able to help certain kinds of situations. I think my acute pain was too much, but for chronic lower-level pain, it might help take the edge off or better. Mostly, I just felt somewhat relaxed, and not like interacting with anyone. Communicating felt difficult. Pain level stayed the same.

Sorry if this wasn't as definitive an answer as you were looking for.
  11. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

The Alpha Stim 100

Does this relieve HEADACHE pain?

Thanks so much :)

Andy
  12. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

bump fer the ole headache that is mostly relieved by Dopamax :)