Anyone use Vivelle Dot estrogen patches?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Feb 22, 2007.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I have been using the Vivelle Dots for about 3 months. I've been in menopause for 3 1/2 yrs. Started off with 0.075 which was WAY too high. Thought my boobs were going to explode. Went down to 0.050 for a few weeks and then tried 0.0375 for several weeks. Just today, I went down to the 0.025 mg patch.

Wondering if anyone here uses these. If so, what dosage are you using? And the BIG question: How do you get the goo off your tummy after you take the patch off?
  2. pawprints

pawprints New Member

I was told to use baby oil by my doctor. I haven't tried it yet. I just scrub off the area and that way I can tell where I had it last. I guess no bikinis for me this summer!
  3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I'll give the baby oil a try. Thank you!

BTW, NO bikinis for me, either. Scary thought!
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

In general, heat is the best way to get adhesive off. (This could be useful if you ever want to remove a bumper sticker.)

Kind of rubbing the goo off when I'm in a pretty warm shower seems to work. (I follow my warm showers with a cool rinse, which seems to keep me from being exhausted afterwards.)

A hot washcloth on the area for a while might also help.

I've not found the baby oil to be useful.

Oddly, even the strongest Vivelle patch does not seem to be strong enough for me. I just got my hormones tested, and it will be interesting to see what they say.

Best, Lisa

5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Rubbing the goo off in the shower seems to work the best for me. Thanks!
  6. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

So glad. Sometimes the apparently most trivial of problems in life can be the most annoying....

Best, Lisa