Anyone used a pre-paid Walmart Visa card?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beadlady, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I bought one today because there is something I wanted to buy online--I didn't know there are monthly fees and I have to give them a bunch of personal info. I haven't activated the card yet--customer service is closed.

I used to be so good about researching everything--but for some reason it did not even cross my mind to check things out first---I hate only having 1/2 a brain!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

I hope someone can help me figure this out.

2. quanked

quanked Member

I researched this option once because I thought it might be useful with my kids/grandkid.

I decided against it because of the fees and the monitoring one would have to do to avoid other fees. I am not going to pay some corporation money to make them money. I believe that these companies charge stores the same kind of fees they do on charge cards aaaannnndddd they charge the purchaser of the card all kinds of fees. Aaahhhh..... to be able to see that laws are made to rob the public legally.

The legal scams never end.
  3. quanked

quanked Member

credit cards but they allow a holder to access certain kinds of services one cannot do without a "credit card" like renting a car, purchase things online when a method to pay by check does not exist, etc.

I wonder if the protections and guarantees are the same when using the prepaid mc/visa card.

I have a credit card but mostly use my debit card. I wanted a prepaid card to protect myself when lending a card out to family : ) But after researching the matter I am not sure there are the protections I had hoped for.