Anyone used Aflac Ins.Can we be covered?Income replacement

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Oct 12, 2005.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

I have no ins. Can get Aflac applications from work. Can we get coverage with FM/CF?? Are they good at paying out if we have to use it? I heard they have a program for replacing your income if you have to be off for at least 3 days. Do you know anything about this?

Thanks, Keke
  2. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I'd like to know too!
    Tigger
  3. keke466

keke466 New Member

4. schaken

schaken New Member

I have a real good health insurance policy.

I wanted to get the temporary disability through the company I work for. It is AFLAC. They asked if I had any medical problems. Immediate check. Those of us with fibromyalgia are not covered by AFLAC/

That really upset me. This is in the state of Missouri.

Sorry,
    Leslie
  5. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I just tried to get the income replacement/short term disability insurance with Aflac. They ask you questions, and when I said I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, they turned me down.

Apparently if you may actually need to use the policy, they don't want to risk covering you!

But I don't know what would have happened if I already had the insurance coverage and then got diagnosed with fibromyalgia.
  6. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I just tried to get the income replacement/short term disability insurance with Aflac. They ask you questions, and when I said I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, they turned me down.

Apparently if you may actually need to use the policy, they don't want to risk covering you!

But I don't know what would have happened if I already had the insurance coverage and then got diagnosed with fibromyalgia.