Anyone used Detox Foot Patches please.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by juliejo, May 9, 2006.

1. juliejo

juliejo New Member

Hello everyone.
    I keep reading that most of us if not all with FM/CFS etc are full of toxin's so sent away for some of these Detox Patches to use at night on the soles of the feet while we sleep.

I am going to give them a go as have nothing to loose.

I have tried everything else so will let you all know how i get on and if i notice any benefit from them.

Bye for now and hope all are well.
    Julie jo.
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Do a search here and you will find lots of information. Several people have used them.

Kathy.
  3. Paracelsus

Paracelsus New Member

Detox pads apparently work.

Those of us with a Western scientific background are naturally sceptical.

They reportedly work by acting on the energy meridians of the body (think acupuncture or reflexology).

The feet have a very high concentration of these pressure points related to various body organs and systems.

A mineral (often tourmaline) in the pads creates infrared heat which apparently stimulates these meridian points into action. Toxins in body migrate to these points and are drawn out through the sole of foot by other ingredients in pads.

There are companies that will test your used pads for different toxins (benzene among others). I saw test results from one individual and noted that it included asbestos. Asbestos is not a chemical but a sharp pointy microscopic fiber. I wonder how that could pass from, say the lungs where it is embedded, to the feet and out to the pad. Dubious at best, I'd say.

Good luck with your pads. The proof is in how you feel after a fair trial period.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/10/2006]
  4. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I sent off for a free sample and just used them last night. I applied one to the bottom of each foot. I have very high arches and so the pad did not touch my foot at the highest point. The pads came off this morning with gunk around the edges and nothing in the middle. I thought that seemed to prove they were doing something.

I have plantar fasciitis in my left foot. Every morning when I get up I can barely walk it hurts so bad. This morning, no pain. Coincidence? I don't know.

Linda
  5. juliejo

juliejo New Member

Thanks for responding everyone.

I used my first 2 patches last night on my feet and could'nt believe the gunk that was there this morning.

The pad's on both feet were black and very sticky which proves something is working.

It does say to use them for 2 week's and see if you feel any different.

Well i know that this is my first night using them but my feet are not painful at all this morning.

Keeping finger's crossed and will let you know how i go with them.

Juliejo.