Anyone used Great Smokies Lab/ASI test kit?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jadibeler, Sep 3, 2003.

1. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

Can anyone tell me what the charge is to have the Great Smokies Lab send and analyse the ASI test? I had no luck finding a website for them with Google, so I have to ask you. How would I contact them?

JoAnn
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Use quote marks around it like this, "Great Smokies Lab" and it will be right at the top of the list.

Love, Mikie
  3. kgg

kgg New Member

But here is there contact info:

Great Smokies Diagnostic Laboratory/Genovations™
    63 Zillicoa Street
    Asheville, NC 28801
    USA

Telephone: (828)253-0621
  4. yvette01826

yvette01826 New Member

Im sorry i dont know what the charge was, my insurance is covering it. But, My MD ordered my tests from there, so Id assume they are legit.
    Good luck
  5. Solstice

Solstice New Member

Have you gotten the results yet?
    What was the test like?
  6. kgg

kgg New Member

It is a saliva test. The kit includes 4 tubes. You collect saliva at 8 AM, 12noon, 4PM and 12midnight. It measures cortisol and DHEA levels. I had a similar one for progesterone. My cortisol was fine but my DHEA was low. So I have been taking DHEA from a compounding pharmacy for 3 months now. The doc wants me on it for 6 months.

Madwolf has written of a cortisol test that is fasting and done at 8 am. I have often thought that it would be easier to have blood drawn than to do all this spitting. Don't remember what he treats, I think it is if the results are in the low normal range. Anyway, that's my experience with it. And my fibro fog cleared to remember I paid $106 for the test.

I recently emailed them and requested a list of all health practitioners in my area that use their facility. They responded in a day. I was impressed.

Hope this helps. -Karen
  7. yvette01826

yvette01826 New Member

i will have the results on 9-13 (next week). Ill let you know how they turned out. I am also having more tests for toxicitys (metal & chemical) while im there.

My first test was for candida, food sensitivites, vitamin/min deficincies, and metabolism.

xoxo
  8. Solstice

Solstice New Member

Very helpful and I will follow up on this.