anyone using ganoderma lucidum (Reishi mushrooms)?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ephemera, Dec 30, 2005.

1. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Saw my acupuncturist for the last time this year in order to get some more pills (sleeping, hawthorne & fish oil), pick up my green tea bags & my month's worth of roots, etc. to boil.

She recommended I try Ganoderma Lucidum pills for my autoimmune problems. I bought a box of 60 pills & went home to do some internet research. There were lots of sites with positive info (Chinese & Western medicines), plus other places I hadn't expected like Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.

The pills are expensive (so are my other drugs) & I'll let you know of any developements as I start them tomorrow.

Best wishes for a happy, healthy & peaceful 2006!
  2. kbak

kbak Member

Ephemera,
    Reishi is a wonderful immune system booster. If you can tolerate it, you can't go wrong taking it. Immune boosting herbs and mushrooms always give me a detox reaction where I feel like crap, so i only take them when I feel a cold or flu coming on to stay healthy. Of course if you have any allergies, you could be sensitive to certain herbs and mushrooms, so go slow and see how you feel. I've done a lot of experimenting to see what works for me.
    Wish you luck!
    K.
  3. ephemera

ephemera New Member

thanks for your thoughts & comments.

so far, so good & I'm the kind of person who usally has an immediate reaction if I'm not able to handle things.

best thoughts to you this new year.
  4. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I do, anyway. Helps me to be less worried and more focused. Supposed to help with sleeping too. From the first day on it I felt calmer. Still taking it.

Let us know how you do with it. :)

((((ephemera)))