Anyone using Heprin?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by snuggle, Feb 17, 2006.

1. snuggle

snuggle New Member

I have hypercoagulation and Dr. Holtorf is putting me on heprin. I am having trouble with stomach pain that I think may be due to a previous ulcer acting up but wonder if it may be a herx reaction.
    Does anyone have heprin experience?
    Thanks, Michelle
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I had a very strong immune response, edema, and Herxing, but it didn't bother my stomach.

If you do a search in Title on Heparin, you will find our old posts on this subject.

Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  3. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I was on it at the FFC in Atlanta from the end of June until just 3 days ago. I was restested twice the last test showed the Hypercoagulation was compltely gone and my EBV was inactive now. I am only tackling mycoplasma now.

I had a hard time with the Heperin at first. I am a weinie and had a difficult time giving myself the injections. I got a device called an Autoject at diabeticsexpress.com and it made the shots a breeze for me. I also used ice after every injection. I used a hot water bottle filled with ice when I was on the go and just placed it on my tummy in the car while driving. When home I used a bag of frozen peas and just lied fown. 20 minutes of icing makes a huge difference in the swelling and bruising.

You will have a permanent bruise the whole time but it will becme faded and less pronuonced. My swelling went down after about six weeks or so and from there on put no problems. your blood runs a little more freely if you cut yourself but nothing major.

My herx lasted about a month. It was swollen glands and a sore neck and shoulders as if I was getting sick. It was bothersome but did not land me in bed any more than I already was. I used a small heating bad on my sholders and that helped the soreness.

After awhile the Heperin was not a big deal but I am happy I am off of it now. It did work for me as I have the test results in black and white. You may have to tough through feeling bad for awhile but it is toatally worth it because this time next year you will be much much better!

Take Care Lynn