Anyone using mirapex

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Princessraye, May 30, 2003.

1. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

I have read in past posts of people using or considering using Mirapex. If anyone is using it I would like to know your results and the protocol as far as dosing used.
    If you were taking narcotic pain medicine, could you stay on that awhile until the Mirapex kicked in. (If it did help)Did it help energy levels?
    I appreciate any info you can give me. Thanks in advance.
  2. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

has some information on people with fibro using Mirpex. That is what prompted my question. Plus some posts on this board.
    Today is the first time I have ever heard of this drug so was just wondering if it helped anyone's fibro.
  3. BraidieBunch

BraidieBunch New Member

Well...I tried on the advice of my Pdoc . Whose wife inceidently deals with fibro...and all it did for me was make me eat like a pig!!! But then again...That could be a good thing if you have the opposite problem as I...gggg
  4. jka

jka New Member

i've been on mirapex for6-8 months now.i was doing great on it.rlswas gone,sleeping better,energy levels went up and pain levels went down.i started hving problems sleeping so doc pulled me off it for awhile.once we found a combo of meds that made me sleep-i started back on mirapex.it has helped me alot.most people who take this loose all their symtoms(according to rhumy)i'm not one of those people.i still have some joint and muscle pain.but it is better then what it was.you start oont on a very low dose-then every week or two you increase it.it can bother your stomach.i have to take an antacid(prescription)every morning.my doc would be happy to give your doc the info and protacole for mirapex.i'm taking the full dose of 4.5 mg.

kathy c
  5. gwtwdebbi

gwtwdebbi New Member

I have recently been diagnosed with RLS and was given Mirapex (losest dosage). I have all of a sudden been having massive nerve ending pain and the feeling that I must itch. I am very curious how others are feeling towards the nerve ending pain. I have had CFS for 15 years and still am waiting for something to kick in to help!

This is my first posting to this site and am very pleased to see so much activity!