Anyone using Morphine IR ??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by swred5, Mar 28, 2003.

1. swred5

swred5 New Member

Hi!
    Went to my pain doctor yesterday and he upped my duragesic patch from 25 mcg. to 50 mcg. He did have me using the oxy IR, but I seemed to have some side effects from it, and stopped taking it. Now he has prescribed the Morphine IR in a 10 mg dosage. He said that this was a low dose. When I went to the pharmacy to get it filled, they said they don't even make it in 10 mg. They had to call the doctor to verify the dose, so I left it and returned this morning. Well they DO make a 10 mg., but they don't stock it so it won't be available to pick up until Tuesday. I was just curious how it worked for others, any side effects and how you would rate the effectivness of it. Thanks! : )
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It is the fast-acting form of Morphine and has been very helpful to stop my pain. The time-release stuff knocked me out for about 30 hrs. I seldome have to use it anymore since taking the Guai.

Love, Mikie
  3. swred5

swred5 New Member

Thank you for responding to my post! Hopefully there are a couple more people out there that have tried it also! : )