Anyone w/CFS irritable?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JonP06, Sep 17, 2005.

1. JonP06

JonP06 New Member

Anyone w/CFS or Fibro irritable? I have noticed on some days usually when I'm not feeling my best I can be a little rude, irritable, or tend to complain at the simplest things in life. Anyone have that problem? It's almost like the devil jumped inside and took over my attitude. But of course I don't mean to be negative in any ways.
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

If a person doesn't feel well they aren't going to be cheery. That would be abnormal.

Of course, who can define "normal?"
  3. Jessa34

Jessa34 New Member

I was trying to call it being more blunt and upfront with my thoughts - but there's no sugarcoating it. I definitely think of myself as short fused now and I know the worse I feel the worse that it gets. I don't think of myself as a high maintenance person but given the amount of things that drive me nuts, that I complain about, etc, I don't think that others woud share that opinion. Most of the time I try and laugh about it, because if I don't it's too depressing to think I've turned into this person that I am now. Even when I can understand where it comes from I don't think those around me do and that they're thinking "what a brat" , or maybe worse.
    I completely understand what you are saying.

On another note I noticed in your profile that you're a very young looking 34 - do you think that when people think you're so much younger they tend to not take your complaints seriously - whether doctor, work colleague or others? I ask since at 34 the oldest someone has ever guessed me at is 25 - other have assumed 18 or 19. I want to be happy that I don't look my age but when I feel so much older physically it's not too easy - minor complaint though.

Don't beat yourself up over the appearance of your alter ego - it can sometimes provide much needed comic relief for you. Hang in there.
  4. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Irritable? What do you mean by irritable? Are you accusing me of having a bad disposition? LOL

I find when my fatigue is worst, I have a very low frustration point.
  5. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

We share the same birthday! You were born on my birthday the year I graduated from high school. I have to say, that was a very good year!

You have had this all your life? I'm so sorry to hear that. I wish I could do some magic to make you better NOW! I think I've had fm since I was 15, but no severe pain until recently.

About your question, I'd go all out and say that I'm so grumpy some days that the people I live with (husband and 4 year old son) actually tiptoe past me. I simply do not have the energy to deal with severe pain, fatigue, AND worrying about other people's feelings. Of course I feel bad later and try to be extra nice and fun with them. I don't get out much these days, so it hasn't come to insulting strangers.

My mother has fm, too, and a few years ago, before she told us about it, she had this awful personality change. She turned into a total B----. It lasted for several years and I thought our relationship was ruined. But she started on the Guai protocol and got better. Happily, we are very close again.

I hate to think what terrible things I'd do or say if I wasn't taking antidepressants. They help with my anger and frustration.

I wish you well!!

Francie
  6. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

Remeron and Neurotin both keep me on edge and would make me become a hermit in the afternoons and evenings when the children were home from school.

I might be something as simple as your medications that are causing you to feel this way. It took me a year to figure out that it was my meds.... Those meds were necessary for me to get the sleep I needed and to lesson the pain...but after a year I made the decision to wean myself off I was missing my kids growing up years.
  7. Ridge-Runner

Ridge-Runner New Member

I have started telling how I feel, you know how people ask how you're doing, even though they really don't care. Well, I've started telling them how I really feel and don't care if they really wanted to know or not.

I get some funny looks, but somehow I really feel better afterwards. am I sick, you bet! In more ways than one!!!

Keep Smilin'
    RR

P.S. Maybe I should ask the Doc to up my Zoloft! lol!
  8. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

when I'm in lots of pain, cant help it, very irritable.

Who wouldnt be Jon

Rosie