Anyone w. FM but w/o much pain; mainly muscle lumpiness?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Misdiagnosed, Apr 19, 2003.

1. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

Hi there

I'm wondering if any of you have been diagnosed with FMS but pain is not the primary symptom; instead, muscles lumpiness, hand and feet numbness, fatigue, anxiety, poor sleep etc are more predominant.

I'm still wondering if indeed I do have FM. Massage therapists can push and prod as hard as they like and my muscles don't actually hurt that much - they're just chewy and stuck and never sit right. I get a lot of fibrous bands and lumps, particularly on my right side (thigh gets bad), and it feels like circulation is affected. Hands and feet have thickened feeling around joints. Neck fibres feel chewy, shoulder muscles chewy and gummy.

Anyone else fall into this category?

Thanks
    Gill
  2. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

for the push to rehydrate - I struggle with my 1-2 litres a day but having been doing quite well in the last few days.

Still have about 3 coffees a day, but no other fluid 'no-no's'.

By chewy I mean my deep spinal muscles are in lumpy spasms and no amount pushing into them makes the lumpiness disperse. It goes straight back into its lumps. So pushing anywhere relieves it for an instant only.

I'm also developing lumps around my hand and toe joints. Boy, I wish I knew what would take it away.

Thanks
    Regards
    Gill