Anyone wanna swim in my pity pool?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mom4three, Apr 14, 2006.

1. mom4three

mom4three New Member

So here is my pity problem??
    Is it just me or the way I come across?? I just need to know.. Is it because I am new? Am I just being hypersensative??

I feel like all my advice or comments are over looked by everyone. Is it my age?? What is it??

I know I am only 30, But I was anurse, I live in Oregon where they do some major studies on FMS and CFS that surpass most states, I have studied this DD with y Doctor for many years. I do have alot of knowledge to offer. I just kinda feel left out I guess.

Is it me? What can I do to make friends?

2. srh

srh New Member

I would take any advice you give. I just don't always respond. I read a lot. Absorb a lot. and probably ignore a lot. But i still want the advice.

Thank you
  3. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I've had to bump up to 10 times.I have one on now that I expect to bump as it's just an info thing. There are a lot of people who just read too.We are interested in you.Please bump(or sometimes rephrase the question.(((((((((hugs))))Linda
    [This Message was Edited on 04/14/2006]
  4. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Like for instance thbeen a few times where I have been a few times where I made a suggestion and it was like I had not made one at all Kinda like I was invisable or something.

Oh maybe I am just alittle to emotional today...
  5. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

But I just figure I am not great at wording things to make people read my posts so I read and reply some. Don'tusualy start a post. Soo the way I am feeling today I will jump into the pity pool !! Been a rough week for me in many ways. I posted it on the worship board and only have one reply.
  6. srh

srh New Member

That could be about the emotional part. I know I am. We all get that way also unfortunately.

Me especially. Seems like I can't talk to anyone without bawling.

Hang in there.
  7. braintrust

braintrust New Member

Okay mom4three, tell me what you know or have heard about Autoimmune Hepatitis!!!

See, you got a reply!
  8. mom4three

mom4three New Member

I read your bio were all your test normal for the connective tissue disorder? I am having a huge issue with all kinds of neuro sx and rheum sx but all normal test and not all relating to FMS...

I think I am being alittle emotional about this but I think people general only respond or take information on here from people they "know". Which is kinda sad because I have some really new knowledge on the dd.
  9. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Ok not fair...*sticks tongue out* Thats not FMS...

Well I do know it is an autoimmune disorder that only attacks the liver cells. And inflammes the liver and cases damages and if left untreated eventually causes cirrosis and death. But can be treated but not cured.
    With prednizones and other types of autoimmune meds that hlp keep your body from attacking it.

You know what I wonder though I wonder if they tried to put people on anti rejection drugs if that would work. Because basically that is what your body is doing it is treating your liver cells like it is not supposed to be there in sense rejecting them?? Just a though.
  10. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Some people just need to get to know your name before they answer.See you got answers here!Linda
  11. mom4three

mom4three New Member

50% of the answers are mine lol...

Nice to meet you I am Tracy
  12. mom4three

mom4three New Member

You betcha I will.. I adore ya.. You seems so likable and you helped me with my daughter. Yes I do like you.

No it is just when people post and ask question and I respond to there questions with great information yet they skip right over what I said and go on to the next person or bump it up as if I had not posted at all. So that is why I asked was it me or the way I say things?

I thought about changing my name but that is what I am a mom to 3 girls. and they won't let me put in

ouchihurttomuchtogetupoffthiscouchandsomanyothersxtolist
  13. mom4three

mom4three New Member

It is not my personal post being overlooked it is the advice that I give other people that ask. It as if I had not posted any advice at all its like I am invisable.

14. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

I'm another one that reads but doesn't say all that much. Today I bumped my finger, and my entire nail (acrylic and natural) popped off at the base -- well, half of it popped off, and half of it is still attahced; so that's my excuse for not wanting to type much today....usually I'm just kind of busy but still like to read.

You guys all have such great information. I've learned everything that's made me better from more people on this board than I can count.
  15. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

My tests are all positive. The doctor is still up in the air about what is going on. She says it is either the MCTD or the beginning stages of Lupus and until something really presents itself she said it is hard to get a dx. But I truely hope nothing presents itself anymore as that would mean it is getting worse. So I just am praying it stays mild.
  16. painandagony

painandagony New Member

I read a lot of the posts too and only occasionally reply. I think you and everyone has good info. I will try to remember to respond if I especially like something. :)
  17. kdeenak

kdeenak New Member

you wrote: It is not my personal post being overlooked it is the advice that I give other people that ask. It as if I had not posted any advice at all its like I am invisable.

I feel exactly the same way 99% of the time!!!! I will answer someone and then people will keep asking the question, even though I answered it, and then someone will give the EXACT answer almost verbatim I gave.

I sometimes get really paranoid and think, is my name on some type of list or something? Or maybe I really am invisible, LOL. That has happened to me many, many times, so don't feel alone.

I don't know what it is, but I thought it was just me being too sensitive. A lot of people on here seem to make friends very easily. I am often very lonely and also feel really left out a lot of times too. I am 29, and I too thought it was my age, but I don't know what it is. Maybe some people only trust advice from familiar names?

I know a lot about medicine too, I went to RN school for a short time, took all the college science courses necessary to become an RN, worked around doctors, and try to keep up on the latest medical advances. My husband is a physical therapist and we often discuss fibromyalgia and I learn a lot from him, and I try to educate myself through reliable sources.

I would like to be your friend :)

Hugs,

Deena
  18. tandy

tandy New Member

Try not to feel hurt by not being recognized or thanked right out!
    I do understand tho,..cause I feel like that alot too.
    I think its on my overly-sensitive days~
    I walk away and sulk a bit,.....
    then I'm over it. :)

Its not just you.
    I bet everyone here has felt like that at one time or another.
    I'm greedy and sometimes I want my replys to be acknowledged!!! LOL
    and if there not, I get to feeling sorry for myself or something stupid like that.
    We don't feel well~ (thats MY excuse!!)
    we love everything you have to add here!!
    Hugs
    Tandy
  19. mom4three

mom4three New Member

You hit the nail right on the head...

That was exactly what I was trying to say... I want to scream sometimes.

So see everyone it is so very hurtful when we post an answer and you still post the same question and then someone will post the answer we posted 12 answers before and then you say oh thank you that is exactly what I thought or needed or wanted to hear...

20. mom4three

mom4three New Member

I need to tell you all thank you so very much. Those of you that have replied have made me feel better thank you.

*gives a rose and a hug to all of you* thank you:)

Tracy